diy solar

diy solar

Advice for a shed

ZippyZ

Hi,
I am new in solar system and also new on this forum.
I have a simple project
Solar system between 40W and 100W for my shed. (i think 40W will be ok but if the price do not sky rocket ... i would consider more up to 100W)
to run camera , light (probably led 12v), and some light requirements (12 or 24 v)
the panel would be on roof
and i want to be able get data for the system in my HA.

why are your advice ?
  • panel
  • charge controller
  • Battery
  • wire
  • etc...
As you can see very small comparatively to the size of project i see :)
that the reason i decide to post since all the video i can found talk about 200W and more :( (might have search badly , that still a possibility)
Oh and i am from Canada :)

thanks in advance

My small system could do all that with a small upsizing. See my S&T below and I'd be happy to try to answer any questions you have, eh.

Hey @ZippyZ - check out my system here: I was in the same exact situation as you are in about 3 months ago... Hope my build will help you out!

You can see all my solar shed videos using the link in my signature below :)

Please keep me posted! Send some pictures and post your own videos. This forum is awesome and you will get a lot of help along the way!

All the charge controllers I have dealt with say to power up between charge controller and battery first, Then power up solar panels to charge controller second..

All the charge controllers I have dealt with say to power up between charge controller and battery first, Then power up solar panels to charge controller second..

Confirmed. This was critically important with old PWM controllers, but rarely an issue with modern controllers.

Back