diy solar

diy solar

Advice needed on bad Eve 280 cell

Sundancer

Hello:

I need some advice on a bad cell from my last order through Jenny Wu. I emailed her asking for a replacement but haven't received any reply.

All of the 280Ah Eve cells from that order were fine except for this one cell that won't charge. The bad cell prevented the entire bank from being top balanced so I then tried to charge this cell individually. After weeks on the charger set at 3.65 volts and 8 amps, the voltage hasn't risen any higher than 3.3 volts. At first, the cell was accepting about an Amp but its been down in the 15 mA range for some time now. There's no swelling, warm terminals or any other indication of a problem. It just won't accept any charging current and I haven't been able to reach Jenny Wu.

Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.

I looked for

Have you tried a discharge test? Unless you can provide Jenny with something objective like a capacity test there is not enough data about what is wong with the cell.

Last edited:
Jenny wu is the only person who can help you.
I wish you good luck.

Hello: No, I haven't tried a discharge test. Actually, I never thought of it so I appreciate the suggestion.

I'll email Jenny again and hopefully hear back from her.

Thanks for the advice.

Hi: Yes, she sent me a new cell the other day and I'm in the process of top balancing. I'll post a note to the group later and will explain what happened.

A final update on the bad Eve 280 cell...

I had trouble reaching Jenny Wu at first because I had an old email address. Once I tried the correct address, she replied immediately as she always does. Once I explained the problem, she asked for videos so her customer service people could see what was happening. They were trying to understand why the cell wasn't charging and they then asked me to check the internal resistance of the cell. Once she got the results of that test, she immediately emailed me the tracking number for a replacement cell and I had it a few days later.

It was nice to see that Jenny works just as hard to solve a problem as she does in getting a sale completed. She is a wonderful person to deal with and I'll be ordering from her again.

A final update on the bad Eve 280 cell...

I had trouble reaching Jenny Wu at first because I had an old email address. Once I tried the correct address, she replied immediately as she always does. Once I explained the problem, she asked for videos so her customer service people could see what was happening. They were trying to understand why the cell wasn't charging and they then asked me to check the internal resistance of the cell. Once she got the results of that test, she immediately emailed me the tracking number for a replacement cell and I had it a few days later.

It was nice to see that Jenny works just as hard to solve a problem as she does in getting a sale completed. She is a wonderful person to deal with and I'll be ordering from her again.

Feel good post of the day right there. (y)

I'm glad to hear that you got some satisfaction from Jenny Wu. I have been in a similar situation. I ordered 32 LF280K cells and had one go bad. I have had trouble maintaining communication with her. My contact has primarily been through WhatsApp. Is there any chance you could PM me her email address? Thanks much . . .

Back