diy solar

diy solar

Advice on best LifePO or alternative batteries for a wireless refrigeration system developed for moving events.!

IceQub

Hi,
we are a startup company based in Northern Ireland, and over a period of years have been developing a product initially born from necessity in my main job as a music tour chef.
I invented a battery powered fridge to run on the back of a truck to hold food etc safely during transit between shows. See www.icequb.com to get an idea of what we do
I have built three prototypes using AGM batteries which work OK but not to the level I need. I am now going down the LifePO4 route. I have been using Victron Energy as a supplier, although very good they are very expensive.
I would like some advice on the best product to use for build quality, value for money and cost. I am looking for a sturdy battery that will deliver with low maintenance. Shunbin batteries have been mentioned but I have my reservations.

Thank you for your time
Best regards
Tony

Attachments

• ICEQUB Brochure April 2019.pdf
    894.1 KB · Views: 1
How many amps does it draw and how long does it need to run between charges?
Does your system from 12vdc, 14vdc or are you running an inverter to make 120 vac or 230 vac?

Hi,
for the system we are developing at the moment we are inverting 240 volt units, using 12 volt power.
My colleague who is the refrigeration expert has worked out figures based on the units spec. Please see attached file.
I hope this information is of help.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Power Calculations Gemm Fridge and Freezer.pdf
    67.6 KB · Views: 3
Back