diy solar

diy solar

Advice on routing solar power to key fixtures?=6

Davehal9000

I have purchased a small system to use for emergency purposes, to power key fixtures and items.

Rather than running extension cords all over the house to power these items' I'd like to run dedicated conduit to the rooms where I'd need the PV power.

My question is, how is this handled at the inverter/battery? Would it all tie into a box of some sort with male plugs hanging from it to plug onto the inverter? The inerter is an MPP LV2424. Thanks!

I believe the simplest way is to add an electrical sub-panel with your “critical loads” in it. Just pull those circuits over from your main panel.

Feed that sub-panel with your MPP which can run grid assisted when you don’t need/want to use your batteries.

The MPP may even have automatic transfer switching where it can switch to battery power when the grid goes down.

And anti-islanding is a must but shouldn’t be a problem with a properly set up sub-panel.

Keep your existing wiring and install a manual transfer box. With the flip of a rocker switch you can have grid power or inverter power on any circuit you choose to connect. Connecticut Electric EGS107501G2KIT EmerGen EGS107501G2 Manual Transfer Switch Kit 30 Amp, 10-Circuit, 7500 Watts, For Portable Generator https://a.co/d/4fqHo3R

Back