diy solar

diy solar

Advice to purchase solar panels. 7.5'x16' cargo trailer. Ecoflow Delta Pro.

This is what I did. I bought solid panels. 6 250 watt. 7 amps, 37.6 vdc open. I’m planning on doing 3s2p. It’s the max I can fit.
One question. I am running a combiner box to shut off power. Do I need an extra fuse box too?
Nickboy - What brand of solar panels did you buy?

I'm not sure if folks are still looking at this thread, but Ecoflow will soon sell a 400W (Voc 37.1V) rigid solar panel. 2x400W will cost $739.

290300386_1787576368278665_5881853332397457793_n.png

Attachments

• 291787951_10102963351895851_744691257936734141_n.jpg
    291787951_10102963351895851_744691257936734141_n.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 4
I'm not sure if folks are still looking at this thread, but Ecoflow will soon sell a 400W (Voc 37.1V) rigid solar panel. 2x400W will cost $739.
I advice buying from residential solar firms, you will likely save a bundle. As an example, have a look at this Canadian dealer's prices, in CAD of course:

That's as low as $0.83/W CAD, which is worth roughly $0.63/W USD. Those Ecoflow panels are nearly 50% more.

I definitely hear you. It's just with the 400W Ecoflow panels have a Voc of 37.1V. The Ecoflow Delta Pro charging specs are 1600W 150V 15A input. So, one could hook up 4 (Ecoflow) panels and stay within the limits while maximizing the solar wattage.

I definitely hear you. It's just with the 400W Ecoflow panels have a Voc of 37.1V. The Ecoflow Delta Pro charging specs are 1600W 150V 15A input. So, one could hook up 4 (Ecoflow) panels and stay within the limits while maximizing the solar wattage.
You are not going to want to do that. As temperature drops, Voc goes up. If the string voltage goes more than a few volts over the max limit, you will fry the charge controller. The general recommendation is to aim for 120-125V to have some headroom for temperature drops. Most recommendations I've seen point to panels with around 40-42V Voc, for a 3S2P configuration.

I don’t see this as a benefit in the big picture

You are not going to want to do that. As temperature drops, Voc goes up. If the string voltage goes more than a few volts over the max limit, you will fry the charge controller. The general recommendation is to aim for 120-125V to have some headroom for temperature drops. Most recommendations I've seen point to panels with around 40-42V Voc, for a 3S2P configuration.
I knew the voltage changed based on temperature. My understanding was Voc is the max voltage for any temperature. So, thank you for that. I certainly don't want to risk frying the system.

Last edited:
My understanding was Voc is the max voltage for any temperature.
It’s max Voltage at stanadardize temperature

At least until they all start rating panels like they do stereo speakers- then everything will be rated at 1416 kajoulamagawattohmvolts

Last edited:
I'm kinda frustrated trying to find out which connection cables I need to connect solar panels to my newly purchased EF Delta Pro. I have not bought solar panes yet, am considering 4x Renogy 320 watt panels. I keep doing searches but still don't even know what connectors it (the Delta Pro) uses. I'm sure if had the patience I could solve this puzzle on my own but any help would be appreciated. Owners Manuels these days are usually vague, or I'd be looking at it instead of searching thru many dead end leads thru Google's search engine.

I'm kinda frustrated trying to find out which connection cables I need to connect solar panels to my newly purchased EF Delta Pro. I have not bought solar panes yet, am considering 4x Renogy 320 watt panels. I keep doing searches but still don't even know what connectors it (the Delta Pro) uses. I'm sure if had the patience I could solve this puzzle on my own but any help would be appreciated. Owners Manuels these days are usually vague, or I'd be looking at it instead of searching thru many dead end leads thru Google's search engine.
Does not it have plug-in terminals labeled with a waffle iron pic?

Standard MC4 connectors are fine. Your new DP should have came with a MC4 to XT60i solar charge cable. Make sure you use this cable, if you want the full 15A (actually 16A) charge current.

Standard MC4 connectors are fine. Your new DP should have came with a MC4 to XT60i solar charge cable. Make sure you use this cable, if you want the full 15A (actually 16A) charge current.
Thanks! I'll help out answering other member's questions once I become more knowledgable on setting up the EDP with solar panels.

Back