diy solar

diy solar

Advise please ?? 48v Tesla Model S Modules with a Victron Multi Rs Solar 48v 6000

Framer

Hi There, I was hoping someone who has a lot more experience with this can help me out!

Im trying to get a system together to power my workshop. - I know lots of people don't recommend using the tesla Modules, but that's what I have now and am running with it.! They supply the kind of power I need for my tools which is why I got them originally, and then of-course the cost went up with the equipment i needed to support them - And i don't think its finished yet!

The main components so far are.

2x Tesla Modules in series - 48v
1x Victron battery protect 48v 100A (think the 100a might not be high enough as it keeps detecting short circuit when powering up)
2x Purpose built BMS's for the modules made by the 057 people. one for each module
200a Victron fuse
Cutoff switch.

So i'm having some success with it so far and some issues.
My main issue is how to get my BMS's to communicate with the Multi RS solar, and the battery protect.
The BMS only have 2 relay outputs each intended to trigger something at low voltage or high voltage. but no VE.thingy's (I don't understand those things)

And the question is can i use those relay signals (300ma 55v max) to trigger the remote on the battery protect. And or the allow to charge / allow to discharge on the multi RS controller.

Also Just for system building purposed I figured out a work around for the fact the battery project refused to connect but jumping the in and out together until it had connected, And then the system is working - however I was looking online for a contactor or relay or some such device that could be triggered by the BMS's instead of the BP, and I simply cannot find something built for 48v 150a or so. - everything caps out at 100a which is what i have anyway.

So if anyone could give me any pointers on how to get these BMS's integrated would be very much appreciated.

Am I also right in saying the the Multi Rs Solar will not charge the batteries from AC until the system is properly grounded? Because again I just hooked up an AC supply to test it briefly and it just wouldn't charge.

for those that don't know the multi RS is fairly new, and combines a mains charger, Inverter and MPPT all in one.

Any other info you need please let me know.

many thanks in advance

Neil.

Back