diy solar

diy solar

AFA - our failures forum?

schmism

Solar Addict
This recent post
was the impetus for the suggestion.

Suggestion to add a new forum for people to post their failures. Being able to collect all the above in a location so they are easy to find and refer to, as failures are a great learning opportunity for all of us as well as a teaching opportunity to show people what happens when something goes wrong.

TLDR: use a BMS, always.

TLDR: don't set your charger voltage for a 7s pack when the pack is 6s, and use a BMS.

Last edited:
Ha! I was thinking the same thing, just mentioned the 48v short in the Over charged LiFePO4 thread!

Can I suggest: "Hall of Fame" or "Hall of Shame"?

Ha! I was thinking the same thing, just mentioned the 48v short in the Over charged LiFePO4 thread!

Can I suggest: "Hall of Fame" or "Hall of Shame"?
Speaking of recent events,
I noticed sum just a while ago while Prowsing the Information Super Highway.

Hall of Shame FTW

:)

TLDR: check your charger settings before charging anything with it.

TLDR: don't use your BMS as a charge controller.

This recent post
was the impetus for the suggestion.

Suggestion to add a new forum for people to post their failures. Being able to collect all the above in a location so they are easy to find and refer to, as failures are a great learning opportunity for all of us as well as a teaching opportunity to show people what happens when something goes wrong.

But, it will only get posts of the form, "Xyzzy ... (I'm fine)"

We need a watchdog timer that we must actively reset, will otherwise post "I was just attempting to ... (I'm dead)"
Those are the ones we really need to hear about.

another one for this new section

img-20210128-wa0002-jpeg.34974

Back