diy solar

diy solar

After upgrading my RV house batteries to LiFePo4 I am wondering what others are doing to maintain the Chassis Batteries

Bigbillsd

I have been using a Trik L Start (TLS) to charge/maintain my LA Chassis batteries. But now that my house batteries (where the TLS gets the amperage to charge the chassis batts) I am wondering if I need to do something else. The TLS senses the house batteries voltage and when over 13.x volts it charges the chassis batteries, its assuming I am charging the house batts when the voltage is over 13 volts. Now that the house batteries are Li and almost always 13+ volts I am wondering if I am toasting the chassis batteries by constantly charging them.

Anyone look into this?

-Bill

I would check the voltage (will be less then what it receives from you LFP bank) then check the amps(you are limited to five amps) but the battery will only take what it needs) In my system I let the LFP trickle charge my CG2 bank while camping. I have used the Trik-L-Start It works well.

Last edited:
I used to use a battery tender for chassis batteries. I have a Victron multiplus now, it has a separate low amp circuit for maintaining chassis batteries.

Back