diy solar

diy solar

AGM

davidxs

Would like to know how to get an even 12 volts from full down to 20% charge on a agm battery

Hi I am new to this i have a new 140 amp agm if I had seen the YouTube vids earlier I would have got a lithium batter. My system is for camping 250 watt solar panels a victron solar charger. The battery I have is good down to 20% but the voltage drops I would like to try and get an even 12 volts down to 20 % then auto cut off. As far as I know a battery monitor just shows you the voltage

Please click the link provided in my first post. Battery monitors are devices that measure voltage, current and compute state of charge.

Regardless of the battery's alleged suitability for discharge to 20%, you will shorten its life notably compared to discharges to 50%.

Snoobler handled the warning regarding 20% discharge. Very good way to kill an expensive AGM.

For the regulated 12V output I use a trash-picked Belkin UPS to power my sensitive router and modem. Output is 3A. Everything else in my office (fan, lights, USB ports) I connect direct to the battery as they are unaffected by the swing in voltage. Easy to find used and cheap units on eBay.

Snoobler handled the warning regarding 20% discharge. Very good way to kill an expensive AGM.

For the regulated 12V output I use a trash-picked Belkin UPS to power my sensitive router and modem. Output is 3A. Everything else in my office (fan, lights, USB ports) I connect direct to the battery as they are unaffected by the swing in voltage. Easy to find used and cheap units on eBay.
Thanks for your help

Back