diy solar

diy solar

AiLi battery monitor problem

2020Pete

Hi, I hope someone could shed a light on this problem. I installed a new system in 2020 which consists of 3 Battleborn BB10012 and tracer BN solar controller along with the AiLi monitor. It worked absolutely great until we left the boat over a 6 month period. I disconnected the batteries at 88% charge and shut everything off. On my return I reconnected all the batteries and powered up. Batteries on the monitor showed 87% which I thought was great. However it appears the actual AiLi monitor isn't working. The percentages don't change at all and there is no >+ or <- indicator of showing the charge or discharge. All the wires are correctly installed the same as when it was working before. I've tried disconnecting the display unit from the shunt but it's still the same. ANY IDEAS?
PETE

Hi Pete,

I assume your SCC is running thru the shunt? And if so, I assume it is turning on and showing that it is charging the batteries? Can you confirm the voltage on your batteries is going up/down (I know it won't be drastic with LifePo4) based on charge/discharge w/ a multimeter?

At this point, you probably have no other option than to try disconnecting the shunt and re-connecting and see what happens. If that fixes it, yes, you'll have to do a full charge to get the meter re-calibratred. If that doesn't fix it, I'm guessing either your meter or shunt is toast. They are cheap for a reason. (I'm not being judgemental, I have the same meter too ;-)

Jeff

Hi Jeff. Thanks for your reply. I've worked out my problem. It was all down to memory or lack of it. We have the lithium and 1 engine starter + 1 aux which are lead acid. When we left the boat I disconnected the Lithium but so we still had power I connected the feed up to the engine battery.
Yes I forgot to reconnect the feed back to the lithium. Doh!!. So in fact the monitor was working correctly nothing going in or coming out except for the odd 0.001amp which I assume is the BMS's working. I'm so relieved it's all working fine.
Thanks for your input though.
Pete

Back