diy solar

diy solar

Aili battery monitor shunt voltage ?

rlaggren

I have this monitor and it seems to work ok. But I got the 100 (or maybe even 50) amp version and need to increase the shunt capacity. There are numerous shunts available and I'm thinking it may be possible to just swap shunts. But there appears to be two "standard" designs: 50mv or 75mv. I'm not clear what this spec actually means. Anybody?

If it means shunt readout at max nominal amps, my idea may be problematic unless I can find a way to set amps/shunt voltage in the meter. Might not be worth the trouble.

Thanks for any insight here.
Rufus

Yes, the mV rating of the shunt is what would be measured between the 2 sides with 100% of the rated current flowing. The shunt usually has some markings or a part number that would indicate its specifications.
There are actually 3 standard shunt ratings 50, 75 & 100mV. For example, if you can determine the rating is 75mV and you swapped out the existing 100A shunt with a 200A shunt everything would still work but you would have to double whatever reading was displayed.

Thanks for that info. Looks like I should just get another aili unit with the needed shunt capacity. Price point vs. time/grief.

Rufus

Back