diy solar

diy solar

AiLi Battery Monitor

Murph

I just installed the AiLi battery monitor on my Aframe RV. The only question I have is my trailer is currently hooked up to house power charging. Do I need to let the battery rest, after fully charged, before telling the AiLi that the batteries are at 100%?

Thanks

If you know they're fully charged, no.

The unit counts current. It doesn't use voltage to determine SoC except when evaluating the voltage/current to synchronize to 100%.
Thanks. One more question. Does it matter which B+ terminal the small gauge positive connects to? I don't think so but thought I would ask.

Attachments

• 594bcce0a1cd090b61aaf0db8d7f3f3a.jpg
    594bcce0a1cd090b61aaf0db8d7f3f3a.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 16
Current induced voltage drop could make the battery monitor read a bit lower than the actual voltage at the battery but it doesn't bother me and I'm farily OCD when it comes to this stuff.

I am installing the Aili Battery shunt on my 6-group 31 AGM batteries. The top tight negative goes to the 2700-watt inverter and the negative on the left goes to the coach frame. I will connect the shunt to the right negative and keep the left negative on the coach frame. The Magnum battery temp sensor should stay on the negative post of the battery or move it to the shunt??. I will also move the small ground on the bottom left negative to the shunt. Does this look correct to you??? thanks

Not quite correct. As described the shunt will measure the current to the inverter but not the rest of it. Temp sensor stays on the terminal and the shunt ties onto the terminal. The other three negative wires (frame, inverter and small ground) should all be on the output side of the shunt.

Everything has to go through the shunt, if not, it won't be accurate.

Ok... so I need to run the right 3/0 ground to the shunt that feeds the inverter, along with the little negative cable lower left and then run a new jumper from the top left neg battery term to the top right to tie the neg batteries together but keep the cable ground running to the coach frame. then a 3/0 cable from the right top neutral to the other side of the shunt. Keep the temp gauge where it is on the top right neg lug.

Current induced voltage drop could make the battery monitor read a bit lower than the actual voltage at the battery but it doesn't bother me and I'm farily OCD when it comes to this stuff.
Mr Frum …. Where have you been? miss your cool objective position on matters…
learned a lot from you in the early days… thanks…
.J.

installing the Aili Battery shunt on my 6-group 31 AGM batteries
You need to accept that due to the fact that 'charge efficiency' and 'Peukerts Constant' cannot be programmed Into the Aili, there will be a higher degree of Inaccuracy compared to a more professional battery monitor.

Back