diy solar

diy solar

AiLi half of current reading, and capacity with 200ah battery bank.

BlakeQuake

Hello. The problem is with the AiLi Battery Capacity Monitor. It seems to only be reading half of the amp inputs, and outputs, as well as capacity.
For example: There is a 10 amp draw/load on a 100ah battery. The monitor reads it as 10amps. (perfectly fine), but as a 2x100ah battery bank (200ah) the monitor reads it as a 5 amp draw/load. I know why this happens, because the load is evenly pulled across both batteries. My question is why am I not getting the full draw/load reading across both batteries? This also applies to the capacity. When switching my battery bank setting to 200ah the battery dies at %50. So why am I stuck with just the 100ah setting even though I have 200ah? I am able to run 2000w loads from my battery bank so I know both Battleborn batteries are working.

I assume your batteries are wired in parallel (based on you stating 200ah) and 12v?

Also, where do you have your shunt connected? (Picture might help)

Correct they are wired in parallel 12v. I am aware that the shunt is connected properly to the negative terminal with the p- of the shunt attaching to all of my power out, and the b- of the shunt connecting to the negative terminal of the battery.

Is the b- side of the shunt sitting on top of your parallel cable to the 2nd battery? Or do you have the parallel cable connected to the p- side of the shunt?

I had originally had my shunt p+ wire connected to the main p+ output of battery bank with same result.

Attachments

• 20220104_170021[1].jpg
    20220104_170021[1].jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220104_170012[1].jpg
    20220104_170012[1].jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 21
Is the b- side of the shunt sitting on top of your parallel cable to the 2nd battery? Or do you have the parallel cable connected to the p- side of the shunt?
No sir. there is nothing connected to the b- side of the shunt except the terminal

I had originally had my shunt p+ wire connected to the main p+ output of battery bank with same result.
So it looks like you have your parallel wire connected to the p- side of the shunt. Therefore, the shunt is not seeing the current of the 2nd battery flowing thru it. Try moving your parallel wire directly to the battery terminal with the shunt sitting on top of that.

The negative terminal of the front battery should be connected to the Negative terminal of the back battery, right now you have negative of the front battery connected to the output side of the shunt which is wrong.
The way you have it right now the shunt only monitoring the back battery.

So it looks like you have your parallel wire connected to the p- side of the shunt. Therefore, the shunt is not seeing the current of the 2nd battery flowing thru it. Try moving your parallel wire directly to the battery terminal with the shunt sitting on top of that.
Ok! give me several minutes BTW THANK YOU SO MUCH for your help!

Reactions: JAS
The negative terminal of the front battery should be connected to the Negative terminal of the back battery, right now you have negative of the front battery connected to the output side of the shunt which is wrong.
The way you have it right now the shunt only monitoring the back battery.
Ok! Thank you very much!

Back