diy solar

diy solar

AiLi monitor now not show charge!

Moggulls

Hi all,

just installed AiLi battery monitor prior to sunrise this morning all wiring correct, monitor showed charge and discharge and worked perfectly. As it was early morning prior to sun rise I drove the vehicle and the monitor showed approximately 10 A charge from the alternator as the batteries were reasonably full.

My problem is, I woke up this morning to see if the monitor was showing charge from the solar panels but nothing! It just continues to show discharge. I have disconnected the small B+ wire from the battery terminal and reconnected with no joy, other than the monitor not showing charge now it’s still working perfectly.

Has anyone had this issue any help would be appreciated.

Is there a factory reset for the monitor as the manual does not state one.

Thank you

Do you have another way to measure the solar panel output? Are they putting out less than whatever draw you have going on, so the net effect is still negative?

Hi thanks for the reply

Yes I have another monitor for my solar charger hasn’t missed a beat in the last 12 months
I have just decided not to use the load output of the charger so now I have disconnected the loads from the charger and going through a Victron battery protect and monitoring using the shunt with Aili monitor.
The solar was showing 12 amp imput and my loads were only 4 Amps

As above the monitor worked perfectly when I started the vehicle and drove home showing proximately 10amps and was slowly flashing on and off indicating charge, but since I turned the vehicle off and then checked it this morning with the solar at 10 amps and it’s not showing charge and I tried starting the vehicle and still no joy charging from the alternator!

I have since disconnected the monitor for the past few hours and reconnected it with still no joy.

thank you

Hi, as above I have a monitor for my solar charger and I can see the amps being produced.

I took the monitor apart last night and the shunt and checked all soldered joints under microscope, everything looks good, put everything back together and now it’s working fine from the alternator and showing positive charge but no joy from the solar charger, the Leeds from the solar charger go to the same battery posts as a starter battery leads that go to the house battery.

So at the moment I’m stumped

Back