diy solar

diy solar

AiLi Monitor question regarding Ah

W4GTT

Quick question Will, regarding the AiLi battery monitor you showed. In setting up the Ah, I have 4 each 100Ah AGM batteries. They are connected in Series/Parallel, combined for 24V and 200 Ah. When setting the Ah for the monitor, would you set it for 100 Ah or for 200Ah? I feel I should know the answer but do not and can find no mention of how to set the AiLi for combination configurations. Any help would be much appreciated. From any one!!!!Thanks, Gary W4GTT

Welcome to the forum!

Since you have AGM batteries, best practice for maximum life is to only cycle down to 50%. So you can choose to either set the AiLi for 200Ah and pay attention and try to keep it from discharging beyond 50%, or set it to 100Ah and when it hits zero you are effectively at the end of your safe discharge for optimum longevity.

Welcome to the forum!

Since you have AGM batteries, best practice for maximum life is to only cycle down to 50%. So you can choose to either set the AiLi for 200Ah and pay attention and try to keep it from discharging beyond 50%, or set it to 100Ah and when it hits zero you are effectively at the end of your safe discharge for optimum longevity.
The problem with the latter option is once the Ali hits 0% it stays there unless you start charging again. As another option for LiFePO4, I will probably just set the AiLi Amp-Hr capacity to the rated amp-Hr and set charging profiles to stay between 10%-90%. This gives some room to exceed the min/max and not be blind in those zones.
I think this is probably equivalent to your first option.

Back