diy solar

diy solar

AiLi shunt question

navillus

I have a 12v system. when programming the device, do I simply set the volts in the AiLi shunt to 12v? I have a SOK lithium 206 Ah battery (another on its way). Thanks

Is the monitor prompting you to specify the battery voltage? Theoretically... the monitor could detect the battery voltage by itself... Not sure if it does..

The manual says there's a step where you can tell it at what voltage the battery is considered to be at 0% charge. Are you seeing that prompt?

I have one...
It just measures the voltage between the 'Sampler' Wire and the connection the shunt is bridging...
You will need to enter the number of Amp/Hours your battery bank is, AND reset it when you feel that Batts are 'full'...
Once you have done those two things, it will count the electricity going 'in' and 'out'...

It will not show a depletion below 0% or a charge above 100%, so if you miss the top/full setting or try and be conservative with the bottom/empty setting, you'll skew your future readings...
I had it set for half my capacity, as i didn't want to draw my FLA batts below 50% charge... after 4 days of cloud/rain I had bottomed out on the Coulomb meter, and had no idea how deep a discharge i had hit... Once charging had resumed, it started counting up immediately, showing 100% well before the batts were 'Full'...

Other than that 'quirk', it does what they say it does... and works well. (the backlight is bright, so be careful where you place it! It could keep you awake at night!)

Is the monitor prompting you to specify the battery voltage? Theoretically... the monitor could detect the battery voltage by itself... Not sure if it does..

The manual says there's a step where you can tell it at what voltage the battery is considered to be at 0% charge. Are you seeing that prompt?
Manual says input voltage.

Manual says input voltage.
It says that you should input the minimum 0% voltage to reset the counter. this is optional and will turn counting off when reached. It is set at a default level of 0v...

It isn't required for operation, just an automatic reset of zero % charge.

It says that you should input the minimum 0% voltage to reset the counter. this is optional and will turn counting off when reached. It is set at a default level of 0v...

It isn't required for operation, just an automatic reset of zero % charge.
You seem to be confusing voltage and charge (Amp-Hours). Resetting to 0% is not the reset of any voltage parameter.

You seem to be confusing voltage and charge (Amp-Hours). Resetting to 0% is not the reset of any voltage parameter.
The voltage parameter is to reset the Ah meter to zero.
It isn't required to count the Coulombs in or out...

the link to the PDF manual
is further up the thread. Step 3 talks about setting the reset voltage.
there's a note underneath it stating that it is optional.

For convenience, here's the part of the manual that I think is being discussed:

Press (<) key to voltage reading interface, press (SET) key for 3 seconds to enter zero capacity voltage setting interface, click (<) or (>) key to increase or decrease the value press (SET) to complete the setting. When the voltage is lower than this value, the Ah and percentage reading will be reset to 0 and the back-light will turn off. Note: It is not mandatory to set this voltage values. The default is 0V, which is the invalid / not set value. If you want to set this values, please ensure you understand the actual charge and discharge voltages of the batteries before proceeding.

The voltage parameter is to reset the Ah meter to zero.
It isn't required to count the Coulombs in or out...

the link to the PDF manual
is further up the thread. Step 3 talks about setting the reset voltage.
there's a note underneath it stating that it is optional.
Sorry, I guess I did not use nor remember that "feature". I assumed you were referring to the zero capacity feature in the prior step.

Anything that zeros out the display just loses all information and I would rather keep 20% in mind and have it go to 10-15% rather than zero at 20%.

For convenience, here's the part of the manual that I think is being discussed:
Thanks, I found it. I was happy to download the electronic copy of the manual because the copy I got with the device faded terribly so it is barely legible and the key icons are totally unintelligible.

Back