diy solar

diy solar

AIMS 12/24V Charger in the RED!

ElectroTech

Hi everyone! I'm having some struggles with the AIMS charger. I had my first one replaced when it came it was full of leaves and the cover was open??
After getting the replacement I continued charging as normal on my battery packs. I started a charge on a 24v pack and everything was going well then after 2.5 hrs it blew a breaker and the red light went on solid. Voltage at the plug and panel are within spec. I disconnected the wiring and restarted. the yellow light came on for just a second and then went to red. Is there something I'm missing?

Hi everyone! I'm having some struggles with the AIMS charger. I had my first one replaced when it came it was full of leaves and the cover was open??
After getting the replacement I continued charging as normal on my battery packs. I started a charge on a 24v pack and everything was going well then after 2.5 hrs it blew a breaker and the red light went on solid. Voltage at the plug and panel are within spec. I disconnected the wiring and restarted. the yellow light came on for just a second and then went to red. Is there something I'm missing?
Did you ever get this sorted out? I recently bought one of these. Tested it yesterday and it ran great. I came down today and noticed the ac breaker feeding it's outlet had popped. Ive been unable to get it working since. Red light only. I've removed it from the battery to reset the capacitors with no success.

I just had my 3rd one, the second replacement die 3 weekends ago, it almost lasted until the end of the 4th battery. But none of the batteries were charged more than 26.65V.

I am getting a full refund, but I have 4 24V 100aH batteries that I can't charge before putting them in series/parallel.

Mine is doing the same thing. There has to be a fix. This really sucks.

It’s sad now days a lot of good quality equipment seams to be having problems and not just in the solar industry

Mine is doing the same thing. There has to be a fix. This really sucks.
I turned it on today and it's working. Not sure why, same procedure as always. Hopefully it lasts for a decent period of time.

It didn't work again. It was performing as if not plugged in. With battery connected the red yellow came on then went to red. Did this whether plugged into wall or not. Tried on two different batteries. As soon as the sun came up and getting small solar charge the charger works. This is the second time it preformed like this. Coincidence? No idea. Will do a few test and see what happens.

There was a batch of a few hundred that have an internal issue that leads to failure after a few hours of use. Contact aims and they might take care of you, but they are well known for escaping warranty at just about any opportunity.

Back