diy solar

diy solar

Aims 1500w Pure Sine Wave Any feedback

NEWYORKHILLBILLY

these can be had for $263 I wondering if there any good I comparing it to the go power gp-isw1500-12. best price i can get on the go power is $450 so the aims would save me some cash if its any good.

these can be had for $263 I wondering if there any good I comparing it to the go power gp-isw1500-12. best price i can get on the go power is $450 so the aims would save me some cash if its any good.

save up and go with their low frequency models

I have one. Will only do about 1200W continuously. Any more and it overheats and shuts off (in air conditioned garage well ventilated). Would start my 12k btu portable ac, but won't run it long before it overheats.

I guess a better pass on cheaper aims. I was also looking at the Samlex SSW-1500-12A with can be bought for 259. after researching that unit you can not hook up to a transfer switch. The go power gp-isw1500-13 has good reviews I believe this unit is made by cotek But been unable to confirm That. I putting in a small rv so i don't want to spend a lot of money,But i don't want junk either.

The larger transformer based 2kw aims has a transfer switch inside of it and is worth every penny.

Any inverter can be run through a transfer switch, some have them internally, some will be external. I prefer a manual switch for non full time RV stuff, but options are out there. If all you wish for is some microwave use and maybe a few expresso's in the morning a 1500w high freq. is perfectly acceptable. If you want to run a/c one day a low freq. is probably a better idea. Most sub 2000 watt with built in transfer can only switch one 15 or 20 amp circuit-that may not fit your bill...

I have a couple of the GoPower inverters.. a 600w unit and a 2000w unit that both operate on 12 volts.

As far as cheap inverters go, they are quality units.. but don't confuse that with the quality of a low freq inverter.. they're not even in the same ballpark.

If you're buying an inverter for camping, hurricane use, or the occasional power outage to help you limp along, these cheap little units are fine.. But if you want an off grid system, then you want a low frequency unit.. and don't settle for anything less.

GoPower units are popular with boaters and RV folks. They are cheap, reliable, and work as advertised.. but again, these are hobby units, not serious off grid stuff.

Back