diy solar

diy solar

Aims inverter charger wont turn on

Sisuranger

I installed my aims 48v/4000w inverter charger last fall. Everything worked great until march. I left my cabin with the system working, turned off the inverter, and came back a week later and tried to turn the inverter on and nothing happened. Just dead. The reset did nothing. I pulled the cover off the unit and nothing stood out except a 3 prong wire not connected to the board. I don't know if it should be connected or how it would have unconnected so I assume that's not the problem. See pics. Any suggestions before I contact aims?

Attachments

• 20220423_214840.jpg
    20220423_214840.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220423_214849.jpg
    20220423_214849.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 18
First impression, loose 3 position connector and an empty 3 position PCB header/receiver with red inspection seal on it. Seems like the 2 should be mated but I can't quite see the silk screen label on the PCB so its not clear what belongs on that 3 pin header. Maybe worth tracing the 2 wires back to their origin and identify the component and compare with the silk screen label on the PCB to determine if they belong together.
Certainly, don't connect them unless you are sure.

Thanks for the reply. The label on the board is CN6. I couldnt find a board diagram to know what it's for. The red on the male and female connectors matches up but I'll wait for confirmation from aims before I connect. That wire was wrapped around another wire so it would have been a tight connection so maybe an assembly error. If I re-routed it, there would be plenty of slack.

Back