diy solar

diy solar

aims inverter/charger

Bill 112

I'm installing an Aims inverter/charger. It came with a LCD wall monitor. Diagrams show both a shunt installed on the negative cable battery cable (not a smart shunt). And a breaker/fuse on the positive leg. So I'm not sure why a shunt on the negative cable if its not a smart shunt to be plugged into a monitor. I will be installing a fuse (300amp) on the positive cable. Any ideas on the shunt is appreciated.

I have an Aims 24v 4000w inverter/charger, I use a 100 amp-100v shunt between the inverter and batt bank on the negative side to allow me to monitor current, voltage, etc..works great!

Of course I bypassed on the LCD wall monitor Aims was offering for the extra$$ and just got one somewhere else

ooh ok ..got ya, I got the monitor from aims for the 3000w I bought from them. There is no wire to plug into a smart shunt. The monitor has
cable that goes right from the monitor and plugs into the inverter. So i'm thinking the shunt isn't needed. The set up I have right now came
with a smart shunt with a wire that connected to positive battery cable and one to the controller. This aims doesn't have that..???? Confusing....lol

Back