diy solar

diy solar

Aims or Growatt LF inverter?

WilliamC

Growatt makes a LF inverter. Which is the better product? The Aims 6000w. Or the Growatt 6000w?

I have an LF Aims 3KW that is still running like new after 7+ years. Aims support is very responsive! I recommend Aims Power!

I have an LF Aims 3KW that is still running like new after 7+ years. Aims support is very responsive! I recommend Aims Power!
Thanks for youe experience. Good to know. Aims seems to be the better product, but i have nothing to base that opinion on except the notion that you get what you pay for. Higher prices = more capabilities. But then there is the nagging suspicion that all these inverters are manufactured on the same assembly line with the same components and just have the cosmetic differences slapped on at the end of the line. I need a solid 10000 watts of surge power.

Growatt makes a LF inverter. Which is the better product? The Aims 6000w. Or the Growatt 6000w?
I have a Aims 10kw and a Growatt 12kw inverter , here is what I have found.
1. Aims 240v is only 230v and it effects things like my microwave clock loses 5 min. a day . No problem on the Growatt which is always 239v or 240v.
2. Bought Aims for separate water pump output. Aims tech told me not to ever use that output???????
3. Aims runs 20 degrees hotter then the growatt. Might make a difference in the long run???
4. Aims is quieter then the Growatt whepped dee do!!

Thats my low down for whats it's worth.
Scott

The Aims inverter has the highest total harmonic distortion (THD) of any inverter I've ever looked at. It also appears to have the lowest efficiency. Here are their specs for comparison, Aims on top, Growatt on the bottom. In the real-world, I can see the direct effect of cleaner power when I'm powering my well-pump. For myself, I wouldn't even consider the Aims. If you only want to power easy to replace electronics like a TV, then it's probably OK.

1609261401417.png
1609261697727.png

Back