diy solar

diy solar

AIMS Power 1250w Inverter Charger not working, blown 300a fuse

GOOD LUCK! With Aimes that is. I have a 10kw Aimes inverter with 5 separate charge controllers powering it. (about 16kw of solar panels so it will provide full power earlier in the day and when cloudy and raining, the charge controllers just clip the excess) I installed it last spring and it wouldn't take over a 30% load or it would fault and shut off. It was showing between 5 and 60 volts low for the utility voltage and would just shutoff at 30%. Aimes didn't believe me and when I finally was able to prove it to them I never heard back from them again. The problem finally went away and it would work at it's normal load of between 28 and 40% with short term loads to 90% with no problem at all making full power from about 9AM till 4PM. Now a few days ago, almost 1 year to the day, the problem came back and it won't run over 28%. I've emailed Aimes and have yet to hear back from them. I have a few cheap Chinese 5kw inverters and a 9kw inverter that I only paid a few hundred dollars for, it's sad they can carry a bigger load than the Aimes, don't give many problems and their customer service is fine, especially the Growatt 9kw. I thought maybe the heat and humidity here might be causing it since the manual says it won't work correctly over 104* or 96% humidity, so I put an a/c unit blowing at the area where the inverters are mounted, it dropped the temp by 20* to about 80* and humidity by 10% to about 80% as well, but it still won't work. Have any suggestions anyone??

Does anyone know if the AIMS PICOGL12KW LF works with Lifepo4 batteries? They have a dial that shows 1-9 and there isn't a setting for lithium, but 9 shows for a custom user setting. Do these 12kw units work with lithium or not?

Back