diy solar

diy solar

Air 403 roof mount question

kanelr

Is there a good way to calculate optimal roof location for the litte wind guys like air 403’s? I think the blade circumference is about 40”.
I have them on a tall pole but the forest has closed in. I am willing to design and weld up some noise isolating mounts if i can locate areas on the roof that will be best. Are there anemometers for this or something?

Is there a good way to calculate optimal roof location for the litte wind guys like air 403’s? I think the blade circumference is about 40”.
I have them on a tall pole but the forest has closed in. I am willing to design and weld up some noise isolating mounts if i can locate areas on the roof that will be best. Are there anemometers for this or something?
The optimal location is your ex wife's house. Seriously though..... the resonance at certain wind speeds will send some pretty wicked vibrations through structure thus roof mounting should be avoided.

True that. Had a 403 attached to my roof ridge beam and it howled like a banshee up there. Gone but not forgotten...

Back