diy solar

diy solar

Ali Express supplier fails

Al Slitter

Trying to learn something new every day!
It is with a great amount of sadness and frustration that I have to report about a shipping failure by AliExpress and one of their sellers.
The seller in question is LiFePO4 battery 18650 battery Store . I ordered 4- Prismatic 3.2V 200AH 3C LiFePO4 Battery cells, the seller said
that they would include in the price all shipping and taxation cost so that the price would be FOB my home here in Thailand. They advised in
the order that shipping would be 3 to 4 weeks however after placing the order that changed to 5 to 6 weeks.
After a couple of weeks I tried to use the tracking number to find out the status of the order and found out then that the tracking number was either fraudulent or not working. As a result after 8 weeks and not receiving the order I contacted them and they said they would check it out and get back to me. They did that and said that the Thai logistic company could not find my home. This is strange as I have never had and issue like this in the last 14 years of dealing with AliExpress. Anyways the box was supposedly sent back to the warehouse south of Bangkok which is approximately 650KM away from my home 2-days later they advised that the item was sent out again and was delivered. The time frame was 2 hours and 24 minutes according to the report I received. Strange as mentioned I am 650km. from there warehouse.
Yes the issue is at this time a delivery issue, however the seller provided no assistance, no active tracking number and displayed no interest in my order after the payment was made.
I now have a claim in with AliExpress and have notified my credit card company about the issue. I felt that I needed protection against a Chinese company not honouring their commtment to fair treatment for non-Chinese orders. At present I am in no mans land with no cells and can not order new ones as the lost/stolen cells might appear.
The bottom line is that, I will No Longer order any more products through AliExpress.

Sorry for the troubles!!

We talked outside the forum several times, perhaps the 32650 cells might be valid alterative with a price of 49 thb ($1.56)
250Ah (combined) cell would end up about 2250thb ($71.50) including screws and nickel strips.
Locally available :)

I would not use it for 100A (dis)charge but 50A should be fine
(Few layers of strips for Terminal)

Back