diy solar

diy solar

Ali stepped up!

Sold

I ordered two sets of 8S 280ah batteries from 2 different suppliers on AliExpress and the first came in on time (6 weeks) with no issues, but the second set ordered in January was lost at sea or something. I eventually received notice that they had been delivered. I opened a dispute and the suppliers “evidence” was a phony document showing departure, customs clearance, cross country travel, “mail center” receipt etc., but I, in fact, had not received them. The online tracking however indicated they were still in transit. AliExpress wasted no time invalidating their ”evidence”, finding in my favor, and refunding my money immediately. I am grateful and gratified that the only argument and grief I got was in my head! So, kudos to AliExpress for their prompt action. My replacement set of batteries will be coming from Amy or Jenny Wu. Any perceived savings is minimal and the wait is just not worth the trouble. Cheers

I've done at least 7 disputes on AliExpress and got my money back or the majority of it, every time. The system works well. Sometimes it takes a little while for the process to finalize.

The dispute was painless, except in my head. They ruled in my favor and asked me to wait 3 days to give supplier a chance to respond, then immediately refunded me. Very pleasantly surprised. Been doing business with both Ali’s for many years and this is the first time I had a major issue. BTW Will, thanks for all you do.

Then why does it take a week for them to respond? I haven't seen any special treatment on my end, and I have to post the same amount of evidence to substantiate my claim as others.
Thanks for reply? Ali-X?Big pile of complaints for good reasons. With Chinese Japanese and big multi million dollar organizations prioritized small customers are serviced late. Of course you too need to give in evidence cause staff need their back free towards their supervisors, but wheither these big companies like it or not, Youtubers like you become part of their eco system. For me it's simply logic that they have to treat you in particular in a fair way.
Awesome forum! Awesome job! Happy holidays!

I've had great experiences on Aliexpress.
Most have gone off without a hitch,
but the few that were con jobs,
Ali refunded for me.
Shipping takes a while, but if you can wait,
tthere are great deals to be had.

I've had great experiences on Aliexpress.
Most have gone off without a hitch,
but the few that were con jobs,
Ali refunded for me.
Shipping takes a while, but if you can wait,
tthere are great deals to be had.
I think the problem relates to expensive batteries in particular. It's scary to buy especially now with China in Covid lockdown and Ukraine Invasion. I will use local resources first before I contact Alibaba or Ali-express. My main DIY Solar project is about year of into the future anyway.

Back