diy solar

diy solar

Alibaba $322/kWh Lifepo4 better than Fortune 3.2V 100Ah?

LiFer

Hobbyist
I've just started investigating batteries. I've been reading the forum about Grade A/B batteries, old batteries, used batteries sold as new, etc.. and I'm feeling a little uneasy about how to get the best battery for my dollar.

A quick search on Alibaba shows several companies selling bigger batteries similar to this:

48v 100Ah Lifepo4 for $1,546 = $322 / kWh (free shipping)
Anyone have any good/bad experience with these?

Just for reference: vs 100Ah 3.2V Fortune Lifepo4 batteries: 16 * $118 = $1,888 = $368 / kWh + shipping

Comments/suggestions welcome!

Ok, someone in these forums posted about the A grade Xuba 280Ah:

Great!
$84.79 x 20 batteries ~= 18kWh = $1,695.80 ~= $94.65 / kWh + shipping.

Since this is talked about (shipping too) in the thread above it probably would be best to just let this thread die and contribute to the thread above.

People have had good and bad experiences with little known alibaba sources (more good than bad though, but there is some risk involved. There are multiple posts here where people are discussing sellers and brands that they have had good and bad experiences with. Going with a known brand from a known seller which people here have experience with is the safest bet, going with something that is lesser known but that others on the forum have had good experiences with is maybe not quite as safe but still reasonably safe, and reasonably cheap.

There are far more Good Vendors than bad and we have been actively "Weeding" then out. Several of us have both Good & Bad experiences and we TELL on the baddies as well as review the Goodies. Have a look at the sub-forums and "what's new tab" to see ongoing & current discussions.

Back