diy solar

diy solar

Alibaba has me totally confused

Belfner

I don’t get how to use Alibaba.com. I am a pretty bright guy and when I do my math for a 24v 280ah or 200ah battery build I figure 8 3.2v 200 or 280ah batteries. But they always respond with some crazy price + shipping that doesn’t correspond to the advertisement I clicked on. Anyone have any advice?

The shipping "Guesstimator" is a guess and far from accurate.
You have to open a chat / IM with the vendor to get a quote for the cells + S&H
Be certain to mention you want DDP which is Taxes & Duties paid & product delivered to your door.
Shipping is NOT cheap in either case...

BUT: Vendors often have much better S&H pricing than the Guesstimator shows.
Also quite often this is one point where vendors can really change the "overall" cost depending on their shipping contracts with the companies.

I inquired of one vendor if the low price they posted was indeed accurate.
They responded that it was not; they simply wanted to attract attention to the ad.
Ask for a price quote of cost plus shipping, and use that to aid in your final decision.
Always be ready to walk.

I just received my 8 3.2V - 272Ah Lishen cells from XUBA - Pina Long pina@juneng-electronics.com
It took exactly two months to Florida; a bit longer than usual, but very prompt communication in proper English.
Arrived all at 3.76V except one at 3.72V and are under a top balance now. I'll be updating my post here regularly. Videos here.
Van Williams

Max Voltage is 3.65, these are ALL Overcharged and god only knows how long and if they are damaged as a result.
The odds are they got FROZEN during shipping as well and with a High Charge like that...
They should NEVER EVER be shipped at 100% SOC and in fact most carriers would reject that IF they new... It is NOT Allowed for ANY Lithium Based battery. It is a RISK Factor. Shipping Lithium Cells shoudl be at no more than 50%, in LFP terms generally 3.200V +/- 0.050
Fingers crossed that you did not get Phookered.

Juneng-Electronics and NOT a Xuba Tech email ? or an 163.com email address ? FISHY !
FYI, I am the originator of the LONG XUBA thread here and know something of them....

I would IMMEDIATELY send a message that they all arrived OVER-Charged at between 3.720 - 3.760 when they should have NEVER been shipped above 50% SOC. Opening Volley for a claim IF They are screwed up. THEY KNOW they are not supposed to ship above 3.200 volts.

Max Voltage is 3.65, these are ALL Overcharged and god only knows how long and if they are damaged as a result.
The odds are they got FROZEN during shipping as well and with a High Charge like that...
They should NEVER EVER be shipped at 100% SOC and in fact most carriers would reject that IF they new... It is NOT Allowed for ANY Lithium Based battery. It is a RISK Factor. Shipping Lithium Cells shoudl be at no more than 50%, in LFP terms generally 3.200V +/- 0.050
Fingers crossed that you did not get Phookered.

Juneng-Electronics and NOT a Xuba Tech email ? or an 163.com email address ? FISHY !
FYI, I am the originator of the LONG XUBA thread here and know something of them....

I would IMMEDIATELY send a message that they all arrived OVER-Charged at between 3.720 - 3.760 when they should have NEVER been shipped above 50% SOC. Opening Volley for a claim IF They are screwed up. THEY KNOW they are not supposed to ship above 3.200 volts.
Just a typo :) 3.276V and one at 3.272V. I'm slowly charging them now, probably right now at ~50% SOC.
Van Williams

Back