diy solar

diy solar

Alibaba LiFePo4 batteries

Taken the plunge and ordered 24x150ah - now going through the aliexpress verification service to pay for them from BLS.

Very interested to hear how it all works out. I'm looking at the same cells and possibly the same BMS but undecided on the BMS so far.

Also just could buy 16 x 150Ah from BLS after a week of AliExpress verification process... Let's see when they get there! As for the BMS I'm more and more decided towards the TinyBMS without external relays to begin with, the good thing it that it can be upgraded afterwards. But I guess I have some more time to decide before the cells arrive.

Also just could buy 16 x 150Ah from BLS after a week of AliExpress verification process... Let's see when they get there! As for the BMS I'm more and more decided towards the TinyBMS without external relays to begin with, the good thing it that it can be upgraded afterwards. But I guess I have some more time to decide before the cells arrive.

Update on the super cheap 200Ah blue aluminum CATL cells Alibaba cells sold through Deligreen.

Excerpts from my correspondence with Deligreen:

All the cells are original new, we have no certificate for this battery, but have battery test before delivery.

The QR CODE was removed, so cant seen it. All battery are new and warranty for 1 year.

If you want to original new and all certifications have it, what about CALB battery or Winston?
CATL is exactly is new, but u required don’t have it, so we suggest you buy CALB 200ah, which is very popular in your side

Factory said CATL is original new, but 1 customer after received it, he dont see the QR code on the battery, so he is not satisfied
so we suggest you can buy CALB

Then she linked me to these CALB cells, which are apparently new, A grade, and still have QR codes/documentation.
200Ah Blue Plastic CALB
180Ah Grey Plastic CALB

The 200's are a GOOD DEAL ! 16 cells @ $156ea USD = 2,496 would make a 24V/400AH pack. Add $250 for a BMS, wiring / BOS and your done unless you want a fancy case or something.

Compared to that "ShunBin" pack I bought @ $2999 USD which was supposed to be 400AH but is 348AH and the cells are from some a small company (Translated: Aoyoupower Site) and numbers, QR Codes are scratched off so "dubious" and a craptastic BMS, although the case is incredibly well made it's selling for about $110 USD and up (BLS Stainless Steel case only) The only bug in the ointment is the shipping, if it's free of not. Note that I had to replace the Bus Bars with solid copper ones, replaced the brass bolts with longer stainless (thicker busbars) a new BMS with relays and new wiring too on top of the original cost.

The 200's are a GOOD DEAL ! 16 cells @ $156ea USD = 2,496 would make a 24V/400AH pack. Add $250 for a BMS, wiring / BOS and your done unless you want a fancy case or something.

The only bug in the ointment is the shipping, if it's free of not.

Shipping is not free. 8 x 200Ah = $1248 + $460 shipping = $1708 door to door to California

Does anyone know who manufactures the 150Ah blue aluminum cells sold by BLS

$799 8 x 150Ah blue aluminum cells BLS

Edit: I think I answered my own question.

Hi-Gee appears to be the manufacturer (http://www.ihigee.com/). Anyone know anything about this company?

based on the datasheet it looks like they have 155 Ah capacity at 0.5C

Last edited:
Deligreen claim the 200Ah cells are Grade A cells, but not certification. i dont know. i think still better deal than BLS as deligreen gives 1 year warranty on their cells.

Update on the super cheap 200Ah blue aluminum CATL cells Alibaba cells sold through Deligreen.

Excerpts from my correspondence with Deligreen:

Then she linked me to these CALB cells, which are apparently new, A grade, and still have QR codes/documentation.
200Ah Blue Plastic CALB
180Ah Grey Plastic CALB

Deligreen claim the 200Ah cells are Grade A cells, but not certification. i dont know. i think still better deal than BLS as deligreen gives 1 year warranty on their cells.

They haven't been willing to tell me one way or the other whether they are Grade A or B and I have asked twice now. I think its highly unlikely they are grade A cells as the QR codes have been removed and they have no certification or documentation, and when I asked about this they tried to steer me towards CALB cells that are over twice the price but 'New A grade cells'

The 1 year warranty might count for something, its definitely better than nothing, but the devil is in the details. Shipping back to china is expensive, if you get 1 or 2 bad cells ($75 each) the cost of shipping them back to China will probably be more than the cost of the cells, and that's assuming they honor the warranty terms. I'm not saying its worthless, but I am wary of the warranty being worth much unless they spell out what is warrantied and who pays shipping.

I must admit lots of people say treat your cells with care and you'll get 4-5000 cycles and only 2000 cycles if you use them hard. That's still 5.5 years of daily cycling, in that time another better battery will be out that you'd want anyway. I'm not going to worry about being too careful, using 11.8v - 14.0v is good enough for me.
Very funny dude....

@msdmaddog would you mind sharing the correspondence where Deligreen claims they are grade A cells either here or through private message? I've been talking with them as well and haven't been able to get them to state whether they are or aren't A grade.

@msdmaddog would you mind sharing the correspondence where Deligreen claims they are grade A cells either here or through private message? I've been talking with them as well and haven't been able to get them to state whether they are or aren't A grade.

They replied to me: A grade, 0 cycles
If i have any sign its not, i will open a dispute. Just got word should recieve them in 2 weeks

yepp as jejochen told, they told me the same.
which one you ordered jochen ? 200Ah ?

Random, but relevant or interesting I hope, I've worked out some stats on the batteries I'm awaiting. (BLS 24*150AH)

Current FLA - 440aH weighs over 100kg, the new cells will have over double the rated capacity, but weigh 72kg, 30% less
Also they'll take up 30% less floor space, and be about 25% height allowing for box and wiring, maybe only 20% ....
Could fit in a 576mmx342mm box that's 175mm high basically.

Oh and the energy density works out as 156 - if all figures right, on par with those WP tested a while ago (were they 163?)

Reactions: Dzl
Hi there LIFEPO4 experts!

I have a 24v system with a 3Kva all I’m one solar inverter. (EASUN 3Kva24+). It’s a MPPSolar clone. I’m about to upgrade my old lead-acid bank to lifepo4 and found two possible options:
1. Sajjens “find”, 16 BLS 150Ah cells from AliExpress @ 1580$ incl shipping (by sea). Shipping by air adds 239$, -> 1819$

2. https://m.dhgate.com/product/eu-us-...po4-battery/513958014.html?invitorid=Vf67Rf59

8x 300Ah cells “plastic casing” from DHgate @ 1859 incl shipping (by air).

I’m located in Sweden and both sellers claim “no EU tax”.. (how??). Since I need delivery quite soon, I Will pay for shipping by air in the first case. Price is more or less equal so which one is the best choice?

// F

I’m located in Sweden and both sellers claim “no EU tax”.. (how??). Since I need delivery quite soon, I Will pay for shipping by air in the first case. Price is more or less equal so which one is the best choice?

They don't ship from China; they come from a European warehouse which is why there is no customs stuff to deal with. Use their standard/free delivery since you won't save anything by picking the other option.

They don't ship from China; they come from a European warehouse which is why there is no customs stuff to deal with. Use their standard/free delivery since you won't save anything by picking the other option.

ok.. Sajjen placed the order 29th of november and expecting it to arrive first half of January.

If I order now from DHGate it’s estimated to arrive Jan 15 to Jan 20. AliExpress with UPS; 15-20 days. With standard shipping “before 02/26” (And no tracking).

Let me ask my question in a different way:
Which bank is the best choice, pricing not considered?

Back