diy solar

diy solar

Alibaba LiFePo4 batteries

If the DH Gate cells are from Sinopoly (they look like it), then they are a safe bet. Sinopoly has been around for a long while. If the seller on DH gate is trustworthy, I have no idea.

The cells from BLS are from Higee. There is very little info available, from what I have found, on either BLS or Higee. I have only seen good reviews on the 150Ah cells though.

According to BLS, they ship from China, through a warehouse in Europe, usually Germany, to European customers. I have received a UPS tracking number, that will be used for the shipping from the EU warehouse to me. It's still not trackable.

Thanks Sajje

Compared to Sinopoly SP-LFP300AHA there is a minor difference in Operation Discharge temperature, otherwise the same spec as far as I can see. But the physical appearance is different. Same dimensions but the termInals are placed differently and the number of “cut-ins” on the side differ...

I will ask the seller who is the manufacturer.

Edit:
The QR code on the cell in the last picture at the DHgate Item leads to “CYGEREEN Ebike Battery Store” at AliExpress. They have no similar cells in their store

I got an LFP pack (the ShunBin) sent from Hong Kong and because of our trade deal (I'm Canadian eh!) all I had to pay was brokerage and a minimal percentage which all came out to $97CAD which in 4K was what I would say "nothing". I'm unsure what the current standing trade deals is with EU & China

I got an LFP pack (the ShunBin) sent from Hong Kong and because of our trade deal (I'm Canadian eh!) all I had to pay was brokerage and a minimal percentage which all came out to $97CAD which in 4K was what I would say "nothing". I'm unsure what the current standing trade deals is with EU & China
Import of lifepo4 cells to Sweden would normally add 4.7% customs fee and 25% VAT.
With 1859 USD this equals to ~570 USD according to the customs calculator.... for the rest of EU I think the VAT is 20%.
Welcome to Sweden

Import of lifepo4 cells to Sweden would normally add 4.7% customs fee and 25% VAT.
With 1859 USD this equals to ~570 USD according to the customs calculator.... for the rest of EU I think the VAT is 20%.
Welcome to Sweden

EU VAT rates vary between 17% in Luxembourg and 27% in Hungary. If you buy something from an EU country, you pay the VAT in the country where the goods are sold. If you buy from outside EU, you pay the VAT in your country.

BLS claims to be able to ship in a way that avoids VAT. I'm not sure how. Tax avoidance is not really legal.

EU VAT rates vary between 17% in Luxembourg and 27% in Hungary. If you buy something from an EU country, you pay the VAT in the country where the goods are sold. If you buy from outside EU, you pay the VAT in your country.

BLS claims to be able to ship in a way that avoids VAT. I'm not sure how. Tax avoidance is not really legal.

Its possible that they just prices taxes in, in a similar way to how they and everyone else offers "free shipping"

Off topic but I’ve ordered some stuff from BangGood previously, and they take a different route to tackle “custom fees”. For an additional fee you can “insure” against custom-fees, eg if the goods end up in customs and you are charged, BangGood will reimburse you. A little grayzone maybe ?

Got a door to door quote on 8 of the 200ah CATL cells (building a 24v 200ah bank for a camper van) from Deligreen for $878. Anybody received theirs yet and have any feedback/advice before I pull the trigger.

Attachments

• Quote.png
    Quote.png
    166.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Got a door to door quote on 8 of the 200ah CATL cells (building a 24v 200ah bank for a camper van) from Deligreen for $878. Anybody received theirs yet and have any feedback/advice before I pull the trigger.

I'm also waiting to here what people's impressions of these cells are. They are a great deal if in good condition. But there is a lot that is unknown/unconfirmed about them.

I'm also waiting to here what people's impressions of these cells are. They are a great deal if in good condition. But there is a lot that is unknown/unconfirmed about them.

I did ask if they were Grade A, new cells and they said yes.... Even if they come in a little less than advertised it still seems like good deal $/kwh

I did ask if they were Grade A, new cells and they said yes.... Even if they come in a little less than advertised it still seems like good deal $/kwh

When I started asking about A grade, qr codes, and if they were verifiable with the manufacturer, I was directed to CALB cells instead (at 2.5x the price).

When I asked if the CATL cells were A grade or not, they gave no direct response other than that they are new and the qr code has been scratched off. I doubt they are A grade considering the price and the pictures though.

I think they are a good deal even if they are Grade B as long as they are matched and healthy. They are selling them for a good price.

I don't believe they are technically grade A, if they were why would the QR code be scratched off. And because they won't outright tell me that they are Grade A, even if they have told others that they are. That doesn't mean that they are a bad deal or that they are bad cells.

Web site says they are CE certified

What does this mean exactly? What confidence should we take a way from that certification?

I know that CE stands for 'Conformite Europeenne' (European Conformity) and that broadly:
CE marking is a certification mark that indicates conformity with health, safety, and environmental protection standards for products sold within the European Economic Area (EEA).

How does this certification apply to our context?

Several posts had issues with the manufacturer being trustworthy. IF the CE certificate at the bottom of the product page is authentic, I would say they are legitimate because they took the time and paid the expense to go through the certification process to help gain access to the European market. Can anybody fake this certificate? YEP. Is it fake? You tell me.

Back