diy solar

diy solar

Alibaba purchase feedback - Dongguan Lightning New Energy Technology Co., Ltd.,

duclos_laurent

Hello to all,

Just to give you a feedback about a recent purchase made on Alibaba for following items :
- 16 prismatic cells LifePo4 3,2V/280Ah from Dongguan Lightning New Energy Technology Co., Ltd.,
Supplier contact was Hayley Miu and she give me a total price (DDP - delivery directly to my house in France with custom clearance).
Cells departure 2 days after order paiement and cells are tested to check the pack homogeneity.
Is there anyone who has already order this kind of cells to this seller? If yes, can you give me a feedback about the purchased cells?

Attachments

• 8AF658F249C7FC84C311BAE8A6593AAA.jpg
    8AF658F249C7FC84C311BAE8A6593AAA.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited by a moderator:
I actually just pulled the trigger on 20 of these exact same cells yesterday morning. 16 for a 48v application , and 4 for a 12v one.

Mine haven't shipped yet.

I bought 8 of these from them back in January; they are great. I made a pair of 280ah 12v batteries and currently using them for our 5th wheel.

I bought 8 of these from them back in January; they are great. I made a pair of 280ah 12v batteries and currently using them for our 5th wheel.

Can I ask what BMS you are using? I'm shopping for a 4s and a 16s for them.

Wondering what amperage bms I should be getting for them. I'm still new to this.

I'm using a regular daly 200a BMS on each battery. with my equipment and my configuration each BMS will see about half their rated capacity.

I think I screwed up buying a BMS... I ordered a 60a one because my mppt can only charge at 40a. Not really thinking of the discharge rate being higher.

I'm only using a 1000w inverter on it though, so I'm hoping it will be enough. I'm not really sure on the math, but I'm thinking I should have went with the 100 amp.

I think I screwed up buying a BMS... I ordered a 60a one because my mppt can only charge at 40a. Not really thinking of the discharge rate being higher.

I'm only using a 1000w inverter on it though, so I'm hoping it will be enough. I'm not really sure on the math, but I'm thinking I should have went with the 100 amp.
Ignore this. I got the order cancelled and went with a 120 just to be over... Google told me 1000w at 12v is 83A. So that's what I'm basing this on... Is my thinking correct here? Oversized so I can set it to limit to 85a and hopefully have a little buffer.

I'm using a regular daly 200a BMS on each battery. with my equipment and my configuration each BMS will see about half their rated capacity.
I have 8 of these cells coming from Alibabba/ Dongguan as well. I will be connecting them 8s so I purchased a Daly 8s 200A BMS. I am concerned that the voltage ratings on the BMS do not match the cells. The BMS states overcharge cutoff at 3.75V and discharge cutoff at 2.2V. Are these the same ratings on the 4S and 16S versions as well? The cells state 3.65V and 2.5V for these values

I have 8 of these cells coming from Alibabba/ Dongguan as well.
Can you tell us what price you paid per cell and total shipping cost?

I will be connecting them 8s so I purchased a Daly 8s 200A BMS. I am concerned that the voltage ratings on the BMS do not match the cells. The BMS states overcharge cutoff at 3.75V and discharge cutoff at 2.2V. Are these the same ratings on the 4S and 16S versions as well? The cells state 3.65V and 2.5V for these values

I’m using a similar BMS for a 90Ah 8S battery and was worried about the 3.75V cut-off.

First, once you top-balance your cells, you will not have any ‘runnners’ that reach 3.75V before the battery has reached your target charge voltage (28.6V in my case).

Second, these cells can withstand voltages in excess of 4.0V, so if your top-balance was poorly done and one or several cells does trigger the high-voltage cutoff, your battery will be fine and it is just a question of having lost some potential capacity.

I’ve been running first cycle tests on my 90Ah battery between 28.6V (3.575V average) and 20V (2.5V average) and have triggered both the high-voltage disconnect @ 3.75V and the low-voltage disconnect @ 2.1V. The battery is fine but because I had different cells triggering HVD and LVD it means my energy storage was sub-optimal.

Now that I’ve successfully top-balanced so that the ‘fastest’ cell is the highest at 28.6V (but below 3.65V) and is also the lowest when the battery reaches 20V (but above 2.1V), i’m getting the maximum energy storage from all 8 cells...

For me I buy 16 prismatic cells LifePo4 3,2V/280Ah from Dongguan Lightning New Energy Technology Co., Ltd for 1500 US $ so 1348€ with delivery to my home by UPS, custom clearance included, transport and custom clearance cost 438 US $

For me I buy 16 prismatic cells LifePo4 3,2V/280Ah from Dongguan Lightning New Energy Technology Co., Ltd for 1500 US $ so 1348€ with delivery to my home by UPS, custom clearance included, transport and custom clearance cost 438 US $

Thanks for the info. Just to be sure I understand, you paid $1500 for 16 cells ($93.75/cell) plus $438 for shipping?

Or you paid $1162 for 16 cells ($72.63/cell) plus $438 shipping?

And we’re your cells shipped to the US or to Europe (the reference to Euro has me confused)?

Has anyone on this Forum recurved these 280Ah cells from Donguan Lighting yet? Very interested to understand whether how the quality compares to the more expensive cells from Xuba...

1500 US $ is with delivery included so cells alone were at 1062 US $. Delivery to France. Waiting for the delivery, planned for mid september.

I paid $910 USD for 8 cells but haven't actually received them yet. The price included shipping, but after reading some posts it is not DDP, but rather DAP. I am not sure the difference.

DAP means delivered at place, customs clearance and fees have to be paid by customer when product is delivered.

1500 US $ is with delivery included so cells alone were at 1062 US $. Delivery to France. Waiting for the delivery, planned for mid september.

$1062 for 16 cells is only $66.38 each, almost 20% below the widely-available price of $82/cell - looks like a great deal!

Will be eagerly awaiting your feedback after you have received the cells in ~2 weeks...

I paid $910 USD for 8 cells but haven't actually received them yet. The price included shipping, but after reading some posts it is not DDP, but rather DAP. I am not sure the difference.

Was there a breakdown between cells cost and shipping cost?

Does DAP/DDU mean you will have to pay additional duty when getting the cells?

$1062 for 16 cells is only $66.38 each, almost 20% below the widely-available price of $82/cell - looks like a great deal!

Will be eagerly awaiting your feedback after you have received the cells in ~2 weeks...

Waiting for the new inverter (6000W solar input / 48V / wifi) from China, delivery planned for end of next week and cells should arrive the week after.
Feedback will be done here.

Was there a breakdown between cells cost and shipping cost?

Does DAP/DDU mean you will have to pay additional duty when getting the cells?
They advertised with free shipping and cost/cell was 113.75. I checked the same link today and the cost has gone down some:
1598882317923.png

I bought some of these, and it was an easy transaction. I did ddp, and Nickie? Helped me out. Provided videos and the individual foam packing. Shipping was quick for the slow boat. It does look like I receive two different generation cells, as they have different serial numbers. But I'm not sure how much that matters.

ill post up a more thorough response once I have the cells balanced and can do a proper charge test. Right now I just threw them in my camper and I'm charging to about 13.7v. they get a bit out of balance at the top, but I still haven't done a top balance.

So far seems good enough for the price anyhow

Back