diy solar

diy solar

Alibaba purchase feedback - Dongguan Lightning New Energy Technology Co., Ltd.,

Well I recontacted them as well as other suppliers. All seem to be out of Eve 280 cells but instead have Lishen 272ah cells (all 3 suppliers I spoke with said it’s the same battery just different manufacturer).

I have been quoted $2886. I think this is the best I may get at this point. This is from Basen
The price at Basen is roughly 100$ per cell ddp.
Do not forget tof constraint cells before using them.
My contact was Sheila too, she's very professional in my opinion, better than any other seller I asked a quotation from.

Hello @guerby no additionnal VAT or taxes on delivery as I already paid it when I order the cells. So final price, all included is 1500USD or 1348€.
One last question before I purchase: what payment method you used to pay for the batteries? paypal?

Thanks again!

I am not sure what happened to my earlier post here but I wanted others to know that I recently bought 64 x 200Ah cells from this vendor (dongguan huanhuan energy) and found out that they are only about 165Ah cells. They were guaranteed to be new CALB 200Ah cells. I can provide capacity testing data to anybody who is interested. I have now heard back from others with similar experience from this vendor. I strongly encourage you to consider taking your business elsewhere. I notified them of the low capacity issue within the year warranty period and so far all they have offered is a reduced price on replacements, which would still be thousands of dollars. At the very least, make sure you have testing capability so that you can test them within the 30-day Alibaba period. Feel free to contact me for more information.

I am not sure what happened to my earlier post here but I wanted others to know that I recently bought 64 x 200Ah cells from this vendor (dongguan huanhuan energy)
Thanks for providing feedback on the vendor, but this thread is about Dongguan Lightning and not Dongguan HuanHuan. Dongguan is actually the location of the company, and I believe they add that as part of their company name to avoid confusion when there could be companies with the same name in another city.

Thanks for providing feedback on the vendor, but this thread is about Dongguan Lightning and not Dongguan HuanHuan. Dongguan is actually the location of the company, and I believe they add that as part of their company name to avoid confusion when there could be companies with the same name in another city.
thank you for correcting this, my apologies!

Hello to all,

Just to give you a feedback about a recent purchase made on Alibaba for following items :
- 16 prismatic cells LifePo4 3,2V/280Ah from Dongguan Lightning New Energy Technology Co., Ltd.,
Supplier contact was Hayley Miu and she give me a total price (DDP - delivery directly to my house in France with custom clearance).
Cells departure 2 days after order paiement and cells are tested to check the pack homogeneity.
Is there anyone who has already order this kind of cells to this seller? If yes, can you give me a feedback about the purchased cells?
I purchased 8 120 Ah cells this summer for a 2p4s. I bottom balanced them at 2.80 volts. After charging the pack at 12 amps to a total of 238 Ah they settled down to 3.34 volts per cell. Based on this I am very happy with them! The voltages do diverge somewhat during charge/discharge but then settle together again. Most of my use is at low rates so this is not a problem for me.

Last edited:
I have just been contacted by this company. They are offering 16 cells@272 280 lishen lep for 1200 free shipping. Unfortunately, I simply cannot come up with that right now. I'm gonna ask what they can do on 8 cells. Everyone is having good results with these?Capture+_2020-12-09-09-49-34.png

I have just been contacted by this company. They are offering 16 cells@272 280 lishen lep for 1200 free shipping. Unfortunately, I simply cannot come up with that right now. I'm gonna ask what they can do on 8 cells. Everyone is having good results with these?View attachment 29767
Hello Yurtdweller, I order my 16 Lifepo4 280Ah cells in this store in Alibaba. Hayley was m'y contact, easy contact and communication, reactiv and helpful. You can trust in her.
Cells arrived well balanced and work grenat.

Hello Yurtdweller, I order my 16 Lifepo4 280Ah cells in this store in Alibaba. Hayley was m'y contact, easy contact and communication, reactiv and helpful. You can trust in her.
Cells arrived well balanced and work grenat.
have you actually tested the capacity of the cells? or you didn't see the need?

I just went ahead and ordered 16 cells and 4 jbd 100a bms from Amy Wan. I figured her good reputation is worth the extra costs. I can't afford to take risks. I plan to use 8 cells and sell the other 8 to offset the costs. I will probably build 4 packs at 12v, and spend my winter down time thoroughly testing all packs for capacity, then sell the best packs and keep the lesser packs, if there are any. I'm currently running only 1 LiFePo4 pack @100ah, 100amp output, so a few amphours one way or the other will not affect me in the slightest. I usually use less than 800wh each night. I only need to increase storage for the long stretches of overcast that Texas winters can deliver.

I purchased 36 cells from hayley at dongguan lightning new wnergy last year and had great luck so i was making another purchase and bought more aug 9th and im kinda worried something has gone wrong with my alibaba account and now i can no long find this company on the list of suppliers.... anyone else experience this????

I was considering a quote from her a couple of days ago when I realized their site on Alibaba was taken down. I asked her about it and this is what she responded: "Our store is temporarily rectified by Alibaba, not because of the quality of our products. But because our new colleagues didn't understand Alibaba's rules, they accidentally touched Alibaba's rules and the store was suspended" I still haven't decided which supplier to use (the delay is more because I'm still sorting out a technical issue with my planned build), but it sure gives me pause. I'd like to know others' experience with Dongguan Lightning most recently (i.e., are the cells they received what they expected?).

Back