diy solar

diy solar

Alibaba vs. Globalsources

AgroVenturesPeru

Why would you prefer to order from Alibaba over Globalsources? Alibaba has improved their platform lately, so you can see who the more serious sellers are, but Globalsources tells you which sellers are the actual manufacturers, and whether they have been vetted at trade shows, by gov't inspectors etc....
I thought the vendors on Globalsources would be a lot more expensive, but there are deals to be had.

Between Alibaba, Aliexpress, and DH Gate I've yet to have (finally just gave up) an order make it through US customs in San Francisco. I get my money back, but that is after waiting weeks to find out it never made it out of customs. How do you guys get stuff from there? US Customs said all my orders were counterfeit.

Between Alibaba, Aliexpress, and DH Gate I've yet to have (finally just gave up) an order make it through US customs in San Francisco. I get my money back, but that is after waiting weeks to find out it never made it out of customs. How do you guys get stuff from there? US Customs said all my orders were counterfeit.
What exactly did you order that Customs said was counterfeit?

What exactly did you order that Customs said was counterfeit?
A battery monitor, a thermostat, a handful of diodes, a guitar tuning peg, a fuel shutoff solenoid for my generator, an exhaust stub for my generator, a guitar case, some electrical cables, and an air filter.

Oh, and a case of guitar picks with my charity's (Guitars4cancer) name on them.

I'll first knock on wood. I've ordered 100's (if not 1000 then close probably) of things from china over the years via Alibaba, Aliexpress, and Ebay. Not once did I have one rejected as counterfeit. Now.. Most of the things I've ordered were electrical in nature -- I wasnt ordering clothes or handbags or anything like that.. I find it odd that all your orders were tagged.

Who in customs in looking up a pack of diodes to identify if they are fake? Honestly...

I've had stuff come from China, Vietnam, Korea, Japan, and Thailand - along with Australia, the UK, and Germany from eBay arrive here, only the 2 transactions from Russia, and Mongolia didn't come, but I got a refund. Those weren't stuck in customs, they were outright scams.

Oh, and a case of guitar picks with my charity's (Guitars4cancer) name on them.
and if you put a fancy name on it, that makes it slip through customs? I don't think so. I work for Japanese government ... as said, when you have a customs agent working for you, our goods will make it thought. BUT sometimes they get held up... if you don't have an agent, your items are part of the inspection. they inspect at there timeframe.

just my experience getting our companies goods through customs.

Why would you prefer to order from Alibaba over Globalsources? Alibaba has improved their platform lately, so you can see who the more serious sellers are, but Globalsources tells you which sellers are the actual manufacturers, and whether they have been vetted at trade shows, by gov't inspectors etc....
I thought the vendors on Globalsources would be a lot more expensive, but there are deals to be had.

never heard of globalsoruces, but I like the sound of it from what you said.

and if you put a fancy name on it, that makes it slip through customs? I don't think so. I work for Japanese government ... as said, when you have a customs agent working for you, our goods will make it thought. BUT sometimes they get held up... if you don't have an agent, your items are part of the inspection. they inspect at there timeframe.

just my experience getting our companies goods through customs.
A case of custom guitar picks emblazoned with our name, and likeness of our trademark/servicemark - not fancy, something we give away.

Back