diy solar

diy solar

AliExpress: Beware OYE Store!

haha yes
well thank god my supplier did not put false stickers on mine... he just told me yeah they are not grade A live with it. least I knew that going in.
haha yes that's the funny thing- if I'd known it would be only e.g. 7.5kwh I might still have gone ahead as it's still significantly cheaper than Pylontech etc. It's the deception that irks.

Chat on aliexpress:
Oye: Hi friend!
Me: Hi, you sent me used, badly matched, relabelled cells that for sure are not all 200ah.
Oye: [no reply]
lol

haha yes

haha yes that's the funny thing- if I'd known it would be only e.g. 7.5kwh I might still have gone ahead as it's still significantly cheaper than Pylontech etc. It's the deception that irks.

Chat on aliexpress:
Oye: Hi friend!
Me: Hi, you sent me used, badly matched, relabelled cells that for sure are not all 200ah.
Oye: [no reply]
lol
yeah, my guy was not alibabba nor alipress. straight connection from a friend. he was simply they are not grade A, but they are good. take your chances. been good to go so far.

Please keep me informed with your progress if you manage to open a dispute.

For sure you will get their standard lies that the QR- code can only be read by the factory, and that cells are definately new and tested.

Please keep me informed with your progress if you manage to open a dispute.

For sure you will get their standard lies that the QR- code can only be read by the factory, and that cells are definately new and tested.
Unfortunately the delivery was back in June and it was late August before I could unpack :(

Of course I was stupid. Hopefully I can either get some use out of them or sell them after testing each cell.

I have 16s 280AH 48V cells coming from Ali Express. About $1900 including shipping.
What I don't get is when you find a bad cell, why not order a good cell from Amy ?
Why put up with a bad cell lowering the other 15 cells when you can replace it for $150?

I have 16s 280AH 48V cells coming from Ali Express. About $1900 including shipping.
What I don't get is when you find a bad cell, why not order a good cell from Amy ?
Why put up with a bad cell lowering the other 15 cells when you can replace it for $150?
What you don't get, is that we are talking 15 bad cells out of 16 cells !

Yes, this is also an option. I am a little prone to "all or nothing" thinking. First I need to test them all. There was one "obviously" bad one but I am not sure about the rest. $1900 for 280ah cells from a trust worthy source sounds great btw (same per ah as the dodgy OYE ones :))

You will probably find that the really bad one has a QR-code in the P6nn... range.

I would expect there will be a couple like that ranging from 149 to 154 Ah, and then a lot between 160-168 Ah. If you are lucky perhaps there is one or two above 170Ah.

You will probably find that the really bad one has a QR-code in the P6nn... range.

I would expect there will be a couple like that ranging from 149 to 154 Ah, and then a lot between 160-168 Ah. If you are lucky perhaps there is one or two above 170Ah.
Thanks, yes I am hoping some at least are above 170ah.

My non-scientific estimate based on reviewing electric usage on my smart meter and the SoFar unit is that the bad one is 148ah.

I was going to get the cheap capacity tester that Will mentioned in a video but then read in many comments about blown MOSFETs :/ Instead I am considering testing them in 4s configuration (12v) driving an inverter that I can get useful work from.

Have you scanned all the QR codes ?

If and when you have please provide this info here and/or in the other thread where I have invited everyone with these so-called "New Grade-A 200Ah CALB" cells

Have you scanned all the QR codes ?

If and when you have please provide this info here and/or in the other thread where I have invited everyone with these so-called "New Grade-A 200Ah CALB" cells
Sorry, have been busy with work. I'd scanned about half and they were all P721s. Will do the rest asap.

I haven't decided on an accurate capacity testing strategy yet. I'm actually tempted to put them on eBay (with a totally honest description of course), take the hit and consider it a lesson learned.

That actually sounds like a good idea, in particular if you highlight their correct production codes together with the falsehood paperstickers, to give more attention to this scam. By the way where are you from ?

Thanks, yes I am hoping some at least are above 170ah.

My non-scientific estimate based on reviewing electric usage on my smart meter and the SoFar unit is that the bad one is 148ah.

I was going to get the cheap capacity tester that Will mentioned in a video but then read in many comments about blown MOSFETs :/ Instead I am considering testing them in 4s configuration (12v) driving an inverter that I can get useful work from.
Those cheap capacity testers work fine. Keep it to 15 amps (instead of 20) and it won't blow up.

These cells look like end of life pulled cells. They may or may not be perfectly safe, although to my thinking they are much more prone to dendrites and thus internal shorts. Cell manufacturers recommend replacing them when 70 to 80% of original capacity for a reason.

Back