diy solar

diy solar

Aliexpress lifepo4 battery order scam?

sunrise

2 weeks ago I ordered $900 worth of battery cells, but tracking information still shows shipping label created, meaning fedex has not received the package yet. ping’d seller and I was told this is expected. I started to have a bad feeling about this.

this is from the seller that sells the batteries Will recommended.

should I start a dispute with the seller?

thanks

Just keep holding on. Sometimes batterys are shipped bulk to the country via boat and shipped on with label created. If a vendor here is a scam it gets pointed out.

Thanks , so they are not using fedex in China, instead they bulk ship this to the US then drop off at US fedex ?

Thanks , so they are not using fedex in China, instead they bulk ship this to the US then drop off at US fedex ?
Yes, they create the Fedex label so after the boat arrives and the packages clear customs Fedex can take them the rest of the way. That is the process for Sea shipments.

It is another process for Fedex Air. I had some buss bars sent via Air and I got Fedex status messages as the package traveled to the airport in Shenzen and then from Oakland to my home.

That makes sense, it must be super expensive to ship 40lb package using fedex air from China but bus bar is different story.

thanks!

That makes sense, it must be super expensive to ship 40lb package using fedex air from China but bus bar is different story.
Yes, even the freight on the buss bars was as much as the buss bars, but I needed them to finish my pack build.
Air freight was more reasonable before Covid because there was always some room in the belly of passemger planes that was available on a spot market basis.

DO NOT USE Shop910787018 Store on AliExpress For anything battery related.
I was sold 8 420Ah Grade A cells for $1186 and received 8 240Ah cells of which 2 are badly damaged and 1 in missing the bottom insulating cap.
Sold "will receive 20-38 days" as soon as transaction completed. "Please give me time, trade shipping very slow right now. you will have in 75 days".
Waited 75 days with nothing from the seller so I asked for refund. Day 80 batteries show up on my door. Which I find funny because I used to work in the shipping industry and if needed I could have something shipped door to door in 5 days from China. The return cheapest shipping can also be back on their doorstep in 4 days.
What did I receive?
Notice in the two pictures are, first, the end of the test cycle 245Ah and, the second, the battery, like all the rest, have no QR code and the detail decals have been changed to show the battery is supposed to be 420Ah. They didn't even put the altered tags on squarely, nor did they clean all the glue backing off the original covers.
Now in dispute with AliExpress and Paypal.
Paypal says I have to send him back the batteries, at my expense, in order to received a full refund. Cheapest shipping is $434 USD.
AliExpress says work it out with the store to get a partial refund or send them back to get a full refund.
Paypal is looking into his business practices for fraud. Paypal says if they find he is committing fraud to multiple people then those people will have actionable recourse for shipping costs also but it may take up to two years to get enough proof.

Now as for me I will never, AND I MEAN NEVER, use any AliExpress store whether recommended or not. AliExpress has all the documentation and their money back guarantee is "Please work it out with the seller".

Attachments

• 8427.jpeg
    8427.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 15
  • 8428.jpeg
    8428.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 14
I was sold 8 420Ah Grade A cells for $1186 and received 8 240Ah cells of which 2 are badly damaged and 1 in missing the bottom insulating cap.
Sold "will receive 20-38 days" as soon as transaction completed. "Please give me time, trade shipping very slow right now. you will have in 75 days".
Waited 75 days with nothing from the seller so I asked for refund. Day 80 batteries show up on my door. Which I find funny because I used to work in the shipping industry and if needed I could have something shipped door to door in 5 days from China. The return cheapest shipping can also be back on their doorstep in 4 days.
What did I receive?
Notice in the two pictures are, first, the end of the test cycle 245Ah and, the second, the battery, like all the rest, have no QR code and the detail decals have been changed to show the battery is supposed to be 420Ah. They didn't even put the altered tags on squarely, nor did they clean all the glue backing off the original covers.
Paypal says I have to send him back the batteries, at my expense, in order to received a full refund. Cheapest shipping is $434 USD.
AliExpress says work it out with the store to get a partial refund or send them back to get a full refund.
Paypal is looking into his business practices for fraud. Paypal says if they find he is committing fraud to multiple people then those people will have actionable recourse for shipping costs also but it may take up to two years to get enough proof.

Now as for me I will never, AND I MEAN NEVER, use any AliExpress store whether recommended or not. AliExpress has all the documentation and their money back guarantee is "Please work it out with the seller".
@JG51Ogg Sorry to hear the bad experience you had :(. But seriously. 8 420ah Grade A cells for $1186, What else were you expecting other than a scam? Did you seriously expecting this seller, not only willing to sell you something at loss, but also had an R&D that blow away all battery companies in the world (420ah in same dimension of 280ah cells)?

@JG51Ogg Sorry to hear the bad experience you had :(. But seriously. 8 420ah Grade A cells for $1186, What else were you expecting other than a scam? Did you seriously expecting this seller, not only willing to sell you something at loss, but also had an R&D that blow away all battery companies in the world (420ah in same dimension of 280ah cells)?
Are you defending the scammer because the buyer was not 100% researched on the current technology and market prices? This is a rapidly changing industry, the "if it sounds too good to be true" meme might apply if the price was a fraction of the going rate.
The seller is definately running a scam.

I am not sure where you picked up I was defending the scammer.

If you are going the DIY route, you need to have some basic understanding of the technology - understand 420ah with the same dimension of 280ah is not possible doesn't require anywhere near 100% researched.

Plese, read this other thread at this same forum: "AliExpress fake seller stores “xxxxOrders Store”
i had the same problems and i do many investigations. These Stores at Aliexpress are a automatic scam system composed by store, false products, a false transport company and a bot creating false trackings and answering to all disputes with tracking or standard answers (ever the same). I explain how i reach a return of my money on the other thread.

What did I receive?

They will never admit fault. Open the dispute and add video and pictures.

I quick read this thread and do not think already advised. Please only pay using transfers that come with customer protection like your credit card or paypal.

I don't even bother anymore filing a dispute on aliexpress. Never works if I get to file a dispute in the first place due to website software issues on their side.

I recently ordered a new 3d printer main board there which 'got shipped' but with a wrong tracking number. I tried opening a dispute after the seller did no longer respond in a meaningful manner, but then the website simply just did not work ;) how typical.

I then escalated to paypal directly and got my money back.

Which is a good thing because the board actually never arrived. It's been so long now I am 99.99999% sure it never will arrive

ohh I even doubled down. I am using my credit card to pay via paypal. this way I have 2 layers of customer protection. check it out. If feels like safe sex does with 2 condoms ;)

Also, before you make a purchase try to see if the seller is willing to agree/guarantee on the specifications. That will help the people at your payment company to settle the dispute with less chance for misunderstandings.

Don't rely on the saved state of the order on aliexpress. They can disapear when ever the CCP has a bad day.

I noticed till now 2 websites with false tracking information. HJYT or HJYT56.com and SZQFSY.wang Are sharing the same identical tracking layout. Since Hjyt is known for being used for scams I think they moved now to a better looking szqfsy but same scam script.

Back