diy solar

diy solar

AliExpress MPPT charge controllers.

CamperDude

Anyone have experience using ali express charge controllers?

I'm kind of discouraged by the outrageous price of MPPT chargers for my small 300w solar setup in my van. Then i found this on aliexpress

● Advanced MPPT maximum power point tracking technology, the tracking efficiency is no less than 99.5%.
● High quality components are used to improve the system performance, and the maximum conversion efficiency can reach97%.
● Super fast maximum power tracking speed while ensuring tracking efficiency.
● Accurate identification and tracking of the maximum power point of multi-wave peak.
● Reliable maximum input power of pv array to ensure the safety of equipment.
● Wide pv array maximum power point operating voltage range.
12/24v automatic voltage identification
● The LCD is designed to dynamically display the operation data and working status of the equipment.
● Various load control modes: general mode, light control mode, dual time mode, pure charger mode and timing mode.
● Seal, GEL, Flooded, LifePO4 and Li(NiCoMn)O2 charging process can be selected.
● The function of battery temperature compensation.
● Power statistics recording function.
● Use the RS485methods to maximize the communication needs of different occasions.
● Support PC monitor, external display unit and other peripherals, realize real-time data view and parameter setting function.

Thoughts?

I have a couple of the older versions of those and they're good for turning solar DC into battery DC but nothing else. You're not going to get Bluetooth and dog washing and online tracking and cake baking and battery communication or any features like that.

Also take that max amperage with a grain of salt, you might get 35a out of the 40a model at best.

But, they work and it's a cheap way to get into MPPT so I'm all for using them.

Back