diy solar

diy solar

AliExpress order

I may be having issues as well.
The tracking number made me suspicious straight away, 787413842000. What are the chances of having so may 0's at the end?
There is a link to track your package which simply says "Tracking information temporarily unavailable". When I plug the tracking number into some tracking sites it comes back as invalid.
One of the sellers links says that the batteries are packaged awaiting collection, but another says they have been shipped.
I just sent a, 'If my batteries have not shipped as promised, cancel the order', message to the seller.
I'll keep you posted, but this whole battery buying fiasco, group buy or direct from China, is pi**ing me off.
The word I got the other day was my batteries are in a container on the boat in Cali waiting to be unloaded.
The ports in Cali are a mess and backed up big time.

The word I got the other day was my batteries are in a container on the boat in Cali waiting to be unloaded.
The ports in Cali are a mess and backed up big time.
At least you have a rough idea where your cells are. I'm in the dark for both of my orders.

At least you have a rough idea where your cells are. I'm in the dark for both of my orders.
My first order, back at year's end, seemed to take forever. Patience grasshopper!

The second order arrived last week, with about 30 days total time as I calculate. I almost canceled the first one, did not even realize I was waiting for the second one, got a message saying out for delivery and the next day they started showing up. Three separate deliveries of four cells, likely due to weight.

Hang in there, and good luck.

My first order, back at year's end, seemed to take forever. Patience grasshopper!

The second order arrived last week, with about 30 days total time as I calculate. I almost canceled the first one, did not even realize I was waiting for the second one, got a message saying out for delivery and the next day they started showing up. Three separate deliveries of four cells, likely due to weight.

Hang in there, and good luck.
I have to admit that after paying out a lot of money for something, luck on when/if it will be delivered shouldn't enter into it; but that's my attitude, others may be more carefree with a few grand of their hard earned money. :confused:

I have to admit that after paying out a lot of money for something, luck on when/if it will be delivered shouldn't enter into it; but that's my attitude, others may be more carefree with a few grand of their hard earned money. :confused:
Understood (about frustration with waiting). Consider that the time scales we are enduring are beyond what we are used to. But since we cannot just drop round to the Big Box store and pick these up, we are at the mercy of the shippers, even more than the vendors.

My first order had me pretty antsy, but then I realized the time sink, and just realized these companies (for the most part) want you satisfied, but are up against logistic constraints as well.

All I can say is they arrived and are fine, in fact I have three boxes of cells I have yet to open. the boxes arrived without external damage, and with sufficient packing materials to keep the cells separate and safe. ( Pictures to follow).

Understood (about frustration with waiting). Consider that the time scales we are enduring are beyond what we are used to. But since we cannot just drop round to the Big Box store and pick these up, we are at the mercy of the shippers, even more than the vendors.

My first order had me pretty antsy, but then I realized the time sink, and just realized these companies (for the most part) want you satisfied, but are up against logistic constraints as well.

All I can say is they arrived and are fine, in fact I have three boxes of cells I have yet to open. the boxes arrived without external damage, and with sufficient packing materials to keep the cells separate and safe. ( Pictures to follow).
The seller in China got straight back to me and assured me they had been shipped.
Time will tell ;)

The FedEx tracking number is valid, and in their system.
No estimated delivery date yet, but it's a step in the right direction.

Once again, patience is rewarded! Glad you got the info. now to wait for the boxes. Kind of like being a kid at Christmas all over again!?

My 280ah order was placed March 14th, 2021, 91 days ago. According to the tracking site, it has still not cleared customs.

You should be able to notice in the link above that if you order today, you are entitled to a full refund if not delivered by Sep 05 which is 85 days.

I plan to open a dispute today and will let you know the outcome.

My 280ah order was placed March 14th, 2021, 91 days ago. According to the tracking site, it has still not cleared customs.

You should be able to notice in the link above that if you order today, you are entitled to a full refund if not delivered by Sep 05 which is 85 days.

I placed an order with a different vendor in the beginning of April. They tell me the shipment is in Cali waiting to clear customs.
If you check it out all the ports in Cali are backed up big time. They site lack of help so containers are sitting waiting to either clear customs or waiting for trucking.
To cover my ass I placed another order with a different vendor 3 weeks ago. will be interesting to see what happens and when I get what.

Thanks. My guarantee is for delivery by August 5th.
I'm confident I will only get more excuses as to why my cells have not arrived rather than a refund; COVID, ship blocking a canal, Chinese ports tied up, US ports tied up, customs delays etc.
And like others this order is a backup because of the lack of activity and information with my group buy order.
It's sort of like playing darts. You throw enough of them and one is bound to eventually hit the board, but I'm out of darts (money) at the moment. Well not completely true, but I'm not going to spend any more until I get what I have already paid for. Throwing good money after bad is the old saying, and it's still valid.

I'm confident I will only get more excuses as to why my cells have not arrived rather than a refund; COVID, ship blocking a canal, Chinese ports tied up, US ports tied up, customs delays etc.
And like others this order is a backup because of the lack of activity and information with my group buy order.
It's sort of like playing darts. You throw enough of them and one is bound to eventually hit the board, but I'm out of darts (money) at the moment. Well not completely true, but I'm not going to spend any more until I get what I have already paid for. Throwing good money after bad is the old saying, and it's still valid.
It still amazes me that noone has yet setup a warehouse from which to sell these cells stateside. I would have happily paid for a 50% price increase just to have these things delivered in a week.

I placed an order and paid back on March 18 for 20 lishen cells, but after 60 days I still hadn't heard anything. Finally I hear that they haven't shipped yet, and the supplier hasn't had stock :(
I'm still waiting, hoping that these things will eventually ship, but now after ~3 months the prices have seemingly gone up across the board and I am wondering if it's even a possibility that I will receive the cells. At least I have got the Paypal guarantee.

Most of those excuses are valid.

But not helpful if you have a failing FLA battery bank and are relying on the delivery of the lithium replacements. :(

With the demand for cells and the cost of shipping some company could do well manufacturing them in the USA or Mexico. This could be considered a national security issue.

With the demand for cells and the cost of shipping some company could do well manufacturing them in the USA or Mexico. This could be considered a national security issue.
epa and lithium $$$$$$

It still amazes me that noone has yet setup a warehouse from which to sell these cells stateside. I would have happily paid for a 50% price increase just to have these things delivered in a week.

It seems like a good idea until you investigate the reality. Shipping by boat is substantially cheaper than by truck. Laws in the USA are pretty strict, and 35 pounds is about the limit of legally shipping lithium batteries, with lots of red tape involved. China subsidizes both infrastructure and to a large extent costs to allow exports to compete with any local shipping and production. Apparently the same shipping restrictions don't apply when they originate in China. Yes, I actually investigated what it takes to ship batteries legally in the USA, 50% mark up would almost break even, unless you have enough volume to negotiate with shipping companies.

I placed an order and paid back on March 18 for 20 lishen cells, but after 60 days I still hadn't heard anything. Finally I hear that they haven't shipped yet, and the supplier hasn't had stock :(
I'm still waiting, hoping that these things will eventually ship, but now after ~3 months the prices have seemingly gone up across the board and I am wondering if it's even a possibility that I will receive the cells. At least I have got the Paypal guarantee.

I will repeat what I tell most people about PayPal. Use a credit card (even through PayPal). There are actual laws about liability when using a credit card, PayPal can change their policies anytime they choose, because it is not a law, it's public relations.

I did open a dispute. The vendor responded with more Covid excuses. I threatened to file a complaint with my credit card company and received a dispute approval the next day. I received the credit card refund 1 week later on June 15th.

I did open a dispute. The vendor responded with more Covid excuses. I threatened to file a complaint with my credit card company and received a dispute approval the next day. I received the credit card refund 1 week later on June 15th.
Did they ship the batteries? Did you get a tracking number?
I ask, since I assume you will give the vendor his/her money if the cells arrive.

I know in the group buy, there was a person who got his money back, and then ignored the subject of payment when his cells finally arrived.
Excuses are one thing, but if you agreed to pay for something and get a refund, you are morally obligated to pay if they finally arrive.

The shipping situation sucks, and apparently will continue to do so for at least the rest of the year.
Unfortunately, most people buy and opt for the cheapest shipping (I know I did). What that means is there is no FedEx or UPS to get your money back. The seller will eat the cost if he/she did indeed send them, and good luck when using a shipping aggregator with finding out where your cells are.

Now, using UPS, I noticed prices go up a LOT. But then they are legally obligated to pay if a shipping container falls off, or they can't find your cells. Unfortunately, the cheapest shipping used does not have any such guarantees.

All of that said, always pay with a credit card.

If Alibaba or Aliexpress get enough refunds/charge backs due to time limits on things actually sent, you can kiss cheap shipping goodbye. Either that, or you will be forced to agree to a 4 month limit before a chargeback goes through. If they didn't actually send them, then they deserve to go out of business.

Back