diy solar

diy solar

Aliexspress Tax?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1888
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1888

I just ordered 16 of this and the page show they don't charge tax, yet I was charged tax. I looked it up on there site and there is a list of states that make them charge tax. My state Georgia is not on the list so what is going on? If they made a mistake how do I contact them to fix it?

Says "As required by the relevant State Sales Tax Laws, the marketplace facilitator is required to collect Sales Tax and remit to the relevant tax authorities." when you click the ? by the Tax line.

They're just going to keep it.

Says "As required by the relevant State Sales Tax Laws, the marketplace facilitator is required to collect Sales Tax and remit to the relevant tax authorities." when you click the ? by the Tax line.

They're just going to keep it.
Is there no way to contact them? I paid $140 in tax when they did not need to take it.

Once you hit "pay" worrying about trying to get any money back is a huge waste of your time. I've done it, as we all probably have, but I recognize this now. It's better for your peace of mind if you just see it for what it is - another add on to the price. They give you "free shipping" but it's not free. Always calculate whether the "all in" cost is a deal you want to make (includes tax, ali fees, credit card fees, shipping, handling, anything else). Life is better if you don't spend energy feeling you've been ripped off. Aloha

Yes. You can thank the big box houses, amazon and ebay for this TAX THEFT.
Florida has no sales taxes due on solar and renewal energy investments and gear.
Ebay is so bad as they make it impossible to bypass their payment system. You can no longer communicate with a seller to get around the tax issue. Seller even says the don't collect the tax and don't want ebay doing that.

I declare all out war on the tax hounds. Govt complain that the citizens don't do there part and voluntarily pay taxes. I am now JUSTIFIED in taking back tax money from govt in any place I see I can.

Back