diy solar

diy solar

All Done !!!!......well almost.....

Just a little update on my solar setup...
Well 8300 miles....3 months and 20 states !.... All kinds of weather from freezing to over 100 degrees temps...
The solar worked Flawlessly !....system never even got hot ...sometimes the SCC should get Luke warm....
My next upgrade will be to add another 395 watt matching panel and lithium batteries... At least 200 amp...

Thanks everyone for all the help !!
Dan

Attachments

• 20210907_144450.jpg
    20210907_144450.jpg
    836.4 KB · Views: 14
Nice setup! I love the clever use of different sized rails to mount the panel to the sloped RV roof. How did you secure them to the roof - were there any rafters you drilled into? Is yours a TPO roof? How has the Q Cell Panel performed?

Nice setup! I love the clever use of different sized rails to mount the panel to the sloped RV roof. How did you secure them to the roof - were there any rafters you drilled into? Is yours a TPO roof? How has the Q Cell Panel performed?
Hi ...thanks...yes I used two different size strut to make up for the roof radius...
I used a combination of 3m tape with "well nuts" and thru the roof bolts with "fender washers" ...in my rv (mini lite) there is no rafters....
I'm very happy with the Qcell....I want to add a second "395" panel and upgrade to lithium battery...

Another little update...found another 395w QCell panel on Craigslist yesterday.. $190 brand new ! About 2 hour drive but well worth it...
Going to add to my 395w panel I have now ?...but first I have to finish my 200w project on truck !
I really like these panels....

Attachments

• 20211122_144243.jpg
    20211122_144243.jpg
    513.6 KB · Views: 6
Back