diy solar

diy solar

All-in-one 120/240v

Rye

Hello everyone. Setting up solar for my tiny house and ran into an issue. The high SEER(above 23) mini split systems seem to run 208/230v single phase, but the rest of the house will run on 110. Is there an inexpensive (under $2k) all-in-one inverter/charger that will handle both, do I have to buy 2 and connect parallel, or what would be the best/safest way to set up? Thanks.
P.S. I'll have total 1600w 24v panels and 800ah of lithium batteries.

Yep. That sneaks up on some folks.

Magnasine MS4024PAE

Single unit offers 240V split phase. Neighbor just ordered one to upgrade his old Trace 4024. I'll probably get to know it really well within a couple months. Pricing I've seen has been $1600-1800 for a single unit. If I didn't already have my dual Victron 5K/48, I likely would have gone with the 48V MS4448PAE.

Hello everyone. Setting up solar for my tiny house and ran into an issue. The high SEER(above 23) mini split systems seem to run 208/230v single phase, but the rest of the house will run on 110. Is there an inexpensive (under $2k) all-in-one inverter/charger that will handle both, do I have to buy 2 and connect parallel, or what would be the best/safest way to set up? Thanks.
P.S. I'll have total 1600w 24v panels and 800ah of lithium batteries.
120V units aren’t available as well, but not in larger BTUranges... how big is the mini you are looking at?

Yep. That sneaks up on some folks.

Magnasine MS4024PAE

Single unit offers 240V split phase. Neighbor just ordered one to upgrade his old Trace 4024. I'll probably get to know it really well within a couple months. Pricing I've seen has been $1600-1800 for a single unit. If I didn't already have my dual Victron 5K/48, I likely would have gone with the 48V MS4448PAE.
Oh nice! Yea it got me. Thanks! Just briefly looking over it, I don't see anything about it having a charge controller though, so it might be less expensive to buy 2 of those MPP Solar hybrid inverters then?

120V units aren’t available as well, but not in larger BTUranges... how big is the mini you are looking at?
The system I'm looking at is 12k but with a SEER of 29.3. Through the searches I did, I didn't see any that were 120 above a SEER of 23.

I can recall some 12000/20 SEER units at 120V, but I don't think they go higher.

The Magnasine is an inverter/charger - not a solar charger. An inverter/charger can charge the bank from either grid or generator. I'm not aware of any of the big name brands that integrate them. You're probably looking at something from MPP Solar if they even offer split phase.

I can recall some 12000/20 SEER units at 120V, but I don't think they go higher.

The Magnasine is an inverter/charger - not a solar charger. An inverter/charger can charge the bank from either grid or generator. I'm not aware of any of the big name brands that integrate them. You're probably looking at something from MPP Solar.
Alrighty. Thanks! Yea, I did look at the MPP Solar ones and thought if there was just the all in one with the controller so I wouldn't have to mess with buying 2 and having tie them together and how to wire it all into a distribution panel.

Also consider the inverter-style Midea window unit...essentially a mini-mini-split. Unsure of the SEER rating, but the 12K unit has been reported to draw 4.25A on full load, the 8K unit 3.5A. Installation should be MUCH easier than a regular mini-split, as well. All depends on your humidity and heat levels, though...worth considering:

Back