diy solar

diy solar

All in one 2500-3000w for UPS with Generac 22kw

dwright1542

I'm looking to replace a conventional Lead Acid UPS with an LiFEPo4 server rack battery and an All In One unit.
It's there mainly to hold the systems until the Generac 22kw generator starts. Specs say THD is 2%.
Asking for suggestions on an AIO unit that will be ok with the generator input. Growatt, EG4, MPP?

Thanks!

I'm waiting on delivery for Felicity solar 48V 15kw battery all in one unit on the wheels. Once i tear it down and inspect i will post my findings. Cost with shipping one unit 2450 ,2 or more is will get you discount. Waiting time is ridiculous because i have ordered straight from manufacturer and still waiting in row for my units to be built, 16 days and still waiting. Also to note if you go this route you should have good knowledge how to deal with issues if they happen. Going with US supplier will be quite more expensive but it will be easier to get customers support when you have issues. My purchase was for experiment to see if i can use this packs to offer in the future for my friends or customers.
Good luck.

Distortion is not usually the issue with hybrid inverters fed from generators. The most common issue, particularly with synchronous constant RPM generator, is engine RPM governor control stability. Hybrid inverters synchronize to input AC source before engaging their connect relay to parallel the inverter with generator.

Inverter phase tracking is rather slow so if the synchronous generator's engine RPM wobbles it varies its freq/phase output which may be too much for hybrid inverter to track and remain locked to generator. The inverter will release from generator if it cannot track the generator. If the initial wobble is too much the inverter will not even attempt to connect to generator.

Most hybrid inverters cannot track more than about 0.3 Hz per second of frequency wobble. That translates to about 3583 to 3617 RPM variance range per second around 3600 RPM for 60 Hz nominal. This small amount of variation is not detectable with a DVM frequency counter function. Best to just listen to generator. Should be constant even sound without any 'wha-wha' sound pitch variation.

Tracking error causes current surge loading on inverter. Low freq inverters can tolerate more surge currents than high freq inverters so the low freq inverters hold on to a poor stability generator a bit better.

The Generac 22kW generators have an electronic governor controller with stepper motor controlling throttle. They are usually pretty good for RPM stability although any synchronous generator with dirty air or fuel filter can cause RPM stability issues.

Last edited:
Back