diy solar

diy solar

All in one inverter

Radtech

Has anyone set up a MPP 1012 LV all in one inverter. I am in the process of purchasing this inverter and I am looking at manual for the set up on the LCD screen and there are several items on here that I am not quite sure what to set or what they even mean.
Going to be using to 200 W solar panels in a series going to the inverter totaling 40 V and 10 A.
I have 5 12V 35 amp hour Batteries that I am going to wire in a parallel to the inverter.
Also will be tying in a 3500 W generator.
I don’t have a problem wiring all this together I’m just unsure of what the settings on the inverter need to be for some of the things . Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you

It would be helpful if you posted what specific questions you have about the settings.

Has anyone set up a MPP 1012 LV all in one inverter. I am in the process of purchasing this inverter and I am looking at manual for the set up on the LCD screen and there are several items on here that I am not quite sure what to set or what they even mean.
Going to be using to 200 W solar panels in a series going to the inverter totaling 40 V and 10 A.
I have 5 12V 35 amp hour Batteries that I am going to wire in a parallel to the inverter.
Also will be tying in a 3500 W generator.
I don’t have a problem wiring all this together I’m just unsure of what the settings on the inverter need to be for some of the things . Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you
Will prowse reviewed a version of that unit a few years ago, look in his videos

See Will's info here:

So after looking at Wills lcd settings and reading through everything I think I have most of it figured out. First off this looks like these example settings or for a 24V inverter. Which is fine he explains what they should be for a 12v inverter.

My only confusion is #2. Maximum charging current. Need a little explanation on what this is. The default for this example is 60A. but again think this is for 24V. There are several to choose from.

Utility charging current + solar charging current =Max. Charging current

Attachments

• 2B20666C-4B08-409A-8592-DE6C4835B9E3.png
    2B20666C-4B08-409A-8592-DE6C4835B9E3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
the 1012LVMS has total charging current of 60A (40A from Solar and 20A from Utility), so if you want to charge using both Solar and Utility at the same time you will then leave it at 60A but you have to make sure the battery can take it, in this case if the utility is not present max charge will be up to 40A since the charging source will be from Solar only.
The charging current from Utility can be set in the range of 2 ~ 20A.
One thing that was not explain clearly is that I.E. you set utility charging to 20A, and the Total charging at 30A, it does not mean that if no utility available it will only charge at only 10A from solar, it will still charge at 30A from solar if utility is not present, only when you try to charge with both sources that is when the amount of charging current from solar will be affected by what is set for utility charging current.
I hope that make sense (English is my second language).

Wow that’s a lot to digest.
The battery I’m using is a 35 amp hr battery. It states that max charging current is 15 amps max

I will have 5 of these wired in parallel. Does this increase the charging current or is it still 15 amps max?

Wow that’s a lot to digest.
The battery I’m using is a 35 amp hr battery. It states that max charging current is 15 amps max

I will have 5 of these wired in parallel. Does this increase the charging current or is it still 15 amps max?
15A x 5 = 75A total.
Why so many small batteries?
What kind of batteries are they?
I would leave the setting at 60A then if none of the batteries (if they are LiFePO4) will go into shutdown, what will happen if lets says 3 of the batteries went into shutdown, the the other two be be charged at higher that 15A each.

15A x 5 = 75A total.
Why so many small batteries?
What kind of batteries are they?
I would leave the setting at 60A then if none of the batteries (if they are LiFePO4) will go into shutdown, what will happen if lets says 3 of the batteries went into shutdown, the the other two be be charged at higher that 15A each.
They are AGM sealed lead acid.
They were given to me free from a buddy

Looks like the manual for the 1012 defaults to 40A. I can choose between 10-60 in increments of 10.

Back