diy solar

diy solar

All in one recomendations? (requirements in thread)

Btw, all your specs are very do-able. Im a fan of 48v also... just always use 12v's in series. Like I had said, make sure you specifically ask about pass-through or not. And be careful with inverters from China. They will say "yes UL listed" then have no clue how to prove, show documentation or not have UL stamp. They usually just dont answer.

Good luck. Wish I had an answer for you.im looking for exact thing you are for a tiny house - but completely off-grid. Propane frig and stove. I too like and have a mini-split. Gotta have my washing machine tho. LOL
I found MPP has the cert for the model you can download. I have it for the LV6548.

1) sorry for the confusion. No, the utility company will give me a $2k check to hook up the meter to the utility as net metering. If I do an of grid only, I won't get the cash. So feeding the grid is critical, even if it is only 1kw a year.

2/3). Yes, it's is a100amp panel, but we don't actually consume anywhere close. 6-8kw is plenty. So a 60amp pass through would be fine

5). No, it doesn't need to be integrated. I am very open to separate inverter and charge controller. All new, so I don't own it yet. The utility had to approve the inverter to back feed, this I am looking for recommendations before I purchase
7) SBU =solar, battery, utility
8) great info, low frequency required because of surge?
Thank you
I just have to throw in my 2 cents.. even tho meaningless here: Im in this insane beachtown thats expanding at rates the govt cant keep up with. So they r pushing underground 200amp bigtime. Like even lie say u have to.

Anyway, ur post caught my eye cuz of the grid back-feed. I didnt know places still allowed that. Few power guys were fried while working on a line cuz of an unexpected backfeed.

Irrelevant to you and actually was determined their fault cuz they didnt close off the backend (laymans terms). You know, they never expected a surge from the rear so didnt follow safety protocols.

Back