diy solar

diy solar

Alligator Clips to Eyelet Cable for 1200w Inverter

Ford F-350 with the 6.7L diesel and a Polaris Ranger 900XP. Oh, and a Nissan Leaf. :) I thought about the Slingshot. It might fit in my toy hauler. Does Polaris still make the Slingshot?

It would be nice if the forum showed member locations. I have a heavy duty crimper and wouldn't mind making a cable for a local member as long as they bring their own supplies.

It does if you enter your location in your profile.

I added my location to my profile but it doesn't show up in threads. On other forums, the location is displayed below the avatar.

Gotcha. I see you're from somewhere S. of Denver now by clicking on your avatar.

Something else I'll add... those alligator clamps aren't the best for sustained high current draws. If you're drawing 50A or less, you would probably be ok. If you're pulling 100A sustained for more than a few minutes, those clamps are going to get very hot where they connect to the battery post. if you find that happening, stop using it and find a better method.

I found a battery shop here that made 4' 2 AWG cables with 500 amp (Parrot) clamps for me. Also got them to make 2' 2 AWG cables with eyelets as an upgrade to the 5 AWG cables that came with the inverter.

I tested my refrigerator load with the inverter and standalone battery, and inverter with car battery. Everything works. Whats a good way to protect the cables connected to the car battery from heat? The cargenerator.com setup claims their cables are heat resistant.

Back