diy solar

diy solar

altE 2022 Virtual Solar Conference

HRTKD

Boondocker
Staff member
Signup for the altE 2022 Virtual Solar Conference can be found at the link below. I attended a few sessions last year and it was educational for me. The cost is FREE!

Thanks for posting this!

Signed up for a few sessions, exciting to hear Sol-Ark is going to be offering microinverters.

Last edited:
Interesting session on the Sol-Ark Microinverters.

I was supposed to be on the ground mount session today, but actual work came in so I had to get on another call. I need to figure out how to replay that session.

I attended the Victron session on their "Communication Ecosystem". There wasn't anything new, at least as far a new product announcements. But the session was well done by Justin Larrabee and reinforced some things that I had forgotten. Victron acknowledges that the VE.Bus cables are a typical Ethernet cable, but they then go on to say how many problems they've had to diagnose from user created cables.

On one slide Justin showed a trick for increasing the number of ports for a Cerbo GX or the CCGX using a powered hub. I'm waiting for the replay to be published so I can go back and review that. I don't need that feature, but it was clever enough that I want to document it just in case.

altE provided attendees with a 7% off discount at their store. Unfortunately, I didn't win any of the door prizes while three people each won twice.

Replays are here:

The trick to adding more ports to a Cerbo GX or CCGX is to use a USB hub. Connect the USB port on the Cerbo GX or CCGX to a powered USB hub then make the connections between the USB hub and the other Victron devices using the Victron USB-VE.direct cable. The USB-VE.direct cable comes in lengths of only 63".

I went back to the replay of the "IronRidge - Ground Mount Design & Installation" presentation. I was floored at how complete their design tool is. While I've never done a permanent ground mount but their design tool and the materials they provide sure make it look easy!

I don't know if this like will work if you weren't signed up for the conference.

..."IronRidge -... I was floored at how complete their design tool is.
Haven't used it in awhile, but it looked great when I did. Some of their competitors have similar tools too.

Back