diy solar

diy solar

Alternates of Sofar Solar ME3000SP

atti

Can someone please suggest alternative of Sofar Solar ME3000SP. This product is quite good but I want to something which can be chained together to higher current draw, I want to go upto 10kw use. Any suggestion is welcome.

I have been looking in the UK at whats available for AC coupled storage and really the choices are not great this was a list i made for myself :(

Solis AC 5G
Sofar (ME3000SP)
SMA Sunny Island (SMA SUNNY BOY STORAGE) - only seems to be compatible with handful of batteries
Luxpower - Doesnt seem to be widely available other than direct from installers but some interesting integrations for Octopus
Givenergy (Giv-AC 3.0) - Does not support third party batteries
Solax AC - Does not support third party batteries

Can someone please suggest alternative of Sofar Solar ME3000SP. This product is quite good but I want to something which can be chained together to higher current draw, I want to go upto 10kw use. Any suggestion is welcome.
Hi, I am looking at the same thing (high current draw for use. So far I have excluded many inverters as they cannot be stringed together easily (or at all).
Right now I am researching the SoFAR HYD 6000-EP which seems to be a good option according to the spec.
However, I have not found many reliable reviews yet....

If anybody has experience, please help

Attachments

• SOFAR 画册_EN_202010_V1_20201012_看图王.pdf
    11.5 MB · Views: 12
I have an idea to use ME3000SP in the parallel. If I can put two or three inverters in the parallel and set them all in the passive mode where they need external command coming over RS485 interface from a Raspberry PI (or a computer) running python code doing the calculation of the usage and either charge/discharge either in series or in parallel. Shouldn't be that difficult to achieve, has anyone attempted something like this before?

I have an idea to use ME3000SP in the parallel. If I can put two or three inverters in the parallel and set them all in the passive mode where they need external command coming over RS485 interface from a Raspberry PI (or a computer) running python code doing the calculation of the usage and either charge/discharge either in series or in parallel. Shouldn't be that difficult to achieve, has anyone attempted something like this before?
I am trying this exact thing. its a bloomin nightmare! I am tempted to get a seperate CT clamp monitor so I can 485 the passive one to do half the current. would be so easy for the sofar to have a passive mode so they can talk to eachother but theres not that option that i know off yet.

Very interested to hear if you have solved this!

I think we can't rely on the RS485 interface of the ME3000SP as in my setup running since past one year they tend to stop working atleast once in a month and I have to restart the inverter to pick it again.

We will be better off trying a product off the shelf for this purpose, something like Squirrel POD from LuxPower.

Hello Atti,
I have the same problem with my ME3000SP. After about a month it stops communicating over the Rs485 interface. It has done it twice now. And I also need to restart the device before the communications starts working again. I am very interested if you found a solution for this issue. And if not, I am also very interested in what you have tried and didn't work. Especially since the test cycle is at least a month before we know if it is the sollution :)

I upgraded the firmware to version 3.12 but that was mainly so my Pylontech US5000 batteries were available in the configuration and the batteries could discharge below 20%.

I hope you can help me.

Regards,
Hein Verhoeven.

It looks there is a technical solution for the RS485 problem. I am using it now for over a month and did not have this issue anymore. Here is the link:

Back