diy solar

diy solar

Am I missing anything in my swap?

papagyo

Hi All,
Hopefully someone more experienced can chime in and tell if I have forgotten anything in my battery swap quest for my RV. I want to go with the 190Ah pack shown on wills site. I already have an onboard converter/charger that is Lithium ready and will switch out the standard BIM on the motor home to a Lithium version that will take care of the vehicle alternator charging issues. I really do not think I need a BMS that has low temp cutoff as the batteries are removed in early fall when the motor home is winterized for storage..it would never see below freezing temps. My main reason for this is the weight savings by removing the two current group 27 batteries in parallel that weigh 130lbs and the extra 110Ah of power....current batteries only have usable 80Ah. Thanks in advance.

Brian

I just did this on my rig. I wish my converter had been Lithium-compatible. However, I ended up with an Aims inverter/charger that is doing the job well. Converter is shut off with the breaker but still installed.

Same as you on the BMS - if it is too cold to charge inside it is too cold to camp.

Back