diy solar

diy solar

"Amazon" 300AH LifePO4

tmckenna

I was originally planning on building my own batteries with 280AH cells but I recently found these, and was wondering if anyone had any experience or advice regarding them.

Now I know the DIY build will be more cost efficient (by about $500 or so) but in the interest of time (Aliexpress shipping, balancing the cells, doing all the wiring, and testing) I figured the amazon 300Ah is a pretty good option.

Let me know what you think

Don’t know anything about the battery but I see they have an after sale service center in California so that is a plus for US based folks.

Be aware that it states sold and shipped by Chins USA so Amazon will not involve itself in any warranty problems. They only get involved on items sold and/or shipped by Amazon.
Just in case you weren’t aware. ✌️

There hasn't been a very good track record with previous items bought from Amazon, but I haven't seen anything from this seller yet
As JoeHam stated, they do appear to have after sales support based in the US. Some of the others who ship from the US require that returns be made to China. I would try to get clarification from them whether US support means the item can be returned to their California location.

Be aware that it states sold and shipped by Chins USA so Amazon will not involve itself in any warranty problems. They only get involved on items sold and/or shipped by Amazon.
Just in case you weren’t aware. ✌️
Yeh I'm hoping, based on the reviews, that I don't have to deal with any warranty issues any time soon. I know its always a possibility but this one seems fairly promising.

There hasn't been a very good track record with previous items bought from Amazon, but I haven't seen anything from this seller yet
As JoeHam stated, they do appear to have after sales support based in the US. Some of the others who ship from the US require that returns be made to China. I would try to get clarification from them whether US support means the item can be returned to their California location.

I have had a great experience with my Amazon purchased Miady LifePO4. Full disclosure, I haven't had them very long and theyre smaller batteries, but they worked great so fair and held up to some pretty serious abuse.

If you decide to go with them make sure to keep us updated about how it goes .... and if you could do capacity testing that would be great to post also.

The fast shipping does make it appealing.

If you decide to go with them make sure to keep us updated about how it goes .... and if you could do capacity testing that would be great to post also.

The fast shipping does make it appealing.

Yeh I'm still on the fence about it all. I mean I figured a DIY 280Ah would cost me about 700-800 after the cells, wiring, BMS, case, etc. For $500 more its much faster shipping, pre assembled, "warrantied", and even like 8% more capacity. It still probably pays to go DIY but this is pretty close to "worth it" as far as preassembled goes.

From the dimension and image, my guess, these are either 2 cells in parallel.
I know Will hasn't reviewed these. First time I've seen these. Google search doesn't find a "chins usa" website.
DICE ROLL ? ?

71RXdy1zAoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Specifications

Rated Capacity (0.2C): 300Ah / 3840Wh
Cycle life: > 2000 cycles at 100% Depth of Discharge (DoD),
up to 5000 cycles at 80% DoD
Rated voltage: 12.8V
Charge voltage: 14.4 - 14.6V
Cut-off voltage: 10V
Depth of Discharge (DoD): 100%
Standard charge current: 40A
Charging time: Approximately 6 hours
Max continuous charge current: 100A
Max continuous discharge current: 200A
Peak discharge current: 400A (Duration: less than 5 seconds)
Operating temperatures: Charge 0°C~50°C,
Discharge -20°C~60°C, Storage -20°C~50°C
Impedance: ≤ 15mΩ

But there's a "phunny" in the warranty... not terribly unusual but...
Warranty Terms

1. Within 90 days from the date of purchase, if our products have quality problems and
cannot work normally., we can provide refund services.
2. More than 90 days from the date of purchase, and within 3 years, If our product fails to
work normally, the consumer assists us in completing all the battery testing, and both
parties confirm
that the product does have quality problems, we will send the new product

to the consumer for free.
3. If you encounter any questions when using the product, please feel free to contact us, we
will provide 24-hour customer service.
4.Please read the product manual carefully before installing and using the product. If the
consumer fails to install, use and maintain the product correctly in accordance with the
requirements of the instruction manual, which causes serious quality problems in the
product, it is not covered by the warranty.

From the dimension and image, my guess, these are either 2 cells in parallel.
I know Will hasn't reviewed these. First time I've seen these. Google search doesn't find a "chins usa" website.
DICE ROLL ? ?

71RXdy1zAoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

But there's a "phunny" in the warranty... not terribly unusual but...

I imagine theyre very similar to these:

Just based on aesthetic and "regular" pricing.

Apparently that question was answered by them on Amazon reviews:

Attachments

• E621FF85-F0AA-43F9-8B6A-32B5D8EAEA90.jpeg
    E621FF85-F0AA-43F9-8B6A-32B5D8EAEA90.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 105
Be aware that it states sold and shipped by Chins US
That does not mean they are shipped from the USA. The lead time makes me suspect they are coming from an address shown in China.
EDIT:
The Q&A answer confirms that it ships from China.

Last edited:
Thats good to know. Seems like a good sign, although it could just be empty promises and "good" marketing
That would be outright lies. if DIY wasn’t cheaper, I’d give them a try. That said, I’ve already purchased 16 Lishen cells. Hoping so see them in the next month or so.

What seems to be Chin’s business model is brilliantly smart and cheap. Takes all of what to start up, 2 people to receive shipments, make shipments, and handle battery service, as needed. Let’s be honest, short of bad cells or a bad BMS...the DIYers here know how simple it is to do maintenance on this stuff, once you have the knowledge.

it could just be empty promises and "good" marketing
Several questions about the contact information about the California Service Center received the same answer, contact us in China and we will forward your message to them. Perhaps "Service Center" has a different meaning in Mandarin than English.

Apparently that question was answered by them on Amazon reviews:
The key question is if you get one of these and the capacity doesn’t measure up, can you get a full refund with return shipping to California on their dime or is it an Amazon-mediated return-to-China at your cost situation?

I didnt read the rest of the questions.
The key question is if you get one of these and the capacity doesn’t measure up, can you get a full refund with return shipping to California on their dime or is it an Amazon-mediated return-to-China at your cost situation?

I know a good way to get all these questions answered. :) Will Prowse should do a review.

I didnt read the rest of the questions.

I know a good way to get all these questions answered. :) Will Prowse should do a review.
Fantastic idea. Of course, just because they agree to exchange batteries with him at no cost because the one he got from Amazon measured up short in terms of capacity doesn’t necessarily mean the rest of us will get the same treatment...

Everything I know I saw on the Amazon web page and that’s where I saw the US service center as someone posted. IIRC you can pay extra for fast delivery which MAY be from the California service center which MAY carry some stock.

Also, take a look at the pictures there, they have already cut one open so you can see the innards.

I guess I need to get out more instead of studying Amazon pages of stuff I may never buy ?.

Back