diy solar

diy solar

"Amazon" 300AH LifePO4

Would love to hear Will's thoughts!
Good call, I actually didnt even see that. Yes it looks like a customer opened their 200Ah variant of this battery. The images were accompanied with a 5 star review, and as far as I can tell all the internal components seem to be pretty decent.

How have these been performing for ya? thinking about purchasing a 300ah.
I have one in my RV that I’m full time living in. Have had it for a couple weeks and been great so far. I charge it with a 700w propane generator and a Victron 30amp charger.

I have one in my RV that I’m full time living in. Have had it for a couple weeks and been great so far. I charge it with a 700w propane generator and a Victron 30amp charger.
I have 2 units of CHINS 12V-200Ah and 1 unit of 24V-200Ah, so far all of them passed my 0.1c test and self discharged test. I have them for about 6-7 months now. And CHINS customer rep is very responsive.

1 unit of 24V-200Ah, so far all of them passed my 0.1c test and self discharged test. I have them for about 6-7
How do you like that one? It's fairly heavy but a really small package. Any issues handling it? What inverter do you use?

It's with shipping slightly cheaper then the Signature Solar Rack batteries, and the case seems to be more robust for RV use.

How do you like that one? It's fairly heavy but a really small package. Any issues handling it? What inverter do you use?

It's with shipping slightly cheaper then the Signature Solar Rack batteries, and the case seems to be more robust for RV use.
I like all three of them. They were tested during 9 days power outage during hurricane Ida. I built them in individual cage on the luggage trolley. This way I don't need to lift 45lbs 12V batt or 98lbs 24V batt. I have 2-12V Power Tech-on inverters (1000W and 3000W), plus 24V Giandel inverter (4000W). CHINS offers buying the battery via paypal invoice to reduce commission cost to amazon.com and state tax. CHINS has warehouse in US. Shipping time is about 5-6 days. Hope this helps.
PS: I bought CHINS battery in stages and did various tests before ordering more batteries from them.

CHINS offers buying the battery via paypal invoice to reduce commission cost to amazon.com and state tax. CHINS has warehouse in US. Shipping time is about 5-6 days. Hope this helps.
Thanks!
how do you buy directly from them?

I was originally planning on building my own batteries with 280AH cells but I recently found these, and was wondering if anyone had any experience or advice regarding them.

Now I know the DIY build will be more cost efficient (by about $500 or so) but in the interest of time (Aliexpress shipping, balancing the cells, doing all the wiring, and testing) I figured the amazon 300Ah is a pretty good option.

Let me know what you think
Well. Buying the cells isn't the only cost.

You need a mounting solution, a bms, time, and some other things.

That's honestly pretty cost effective if you don't already have the testers and tools you need. I'm pretty sure my first pack cost more than that for less total AH as a result of the other stuff needed.

I'd be worried about the BMS features though.

I can send you their official email. I bought my last 12V-200Ah for $683 (total). Tell them that you were recommended by friends in forum.
CHINS email address: CHINS-customer-service@outlook.com.
You can request a free AC-DC LiFePo4 battery charger. I got both 12V and 24V charger free. But, they are only 10A charger. I used them to top of my batteries or batteries periodic maintenance.

That's honestly pretty cost effective if you don't already have the testers and tools you need. I'm pretty sure my first pack cost more than that for less total AH as a result of the other stuff needed.

For those, who plan to buy more than 1 CHINS battery, my recommendation is to buy one unit and test it. Once you are happy with it, then you can decide. My batteries BMS is in working condition, but who knows how long it will last. I have shunt wattmeter (for every battery) to gauge my usage since I limit my usage to just 80%.

thanks, I'm not in a rush.

I need a battery by End of this year.
If you decide to go with CHINS, make sure they send you paypal invoice and pay thru paypal. This is to protect you (just in case). I haven't had any issue with them. But, you just never know. Once you receive the battery, test it immediately. My recommendation is to charge it full first, then do 0.1c test and self discharge test.

If you decide to go with CHINS, make sure they send you paypal invoice and pay thru paypal. This is to protect you (just in case). I haven't had any issue with them. But, you just never know. Once you receive the battery, test it immediately. My recommendation is to charge it full first, then do 0.1c test and self discharge test.
Thanks for the info. I was just going to ask about this very thing. I’m torn between 4 more of these in series or 3 Signature solar 48v 100ah. They apparently are unobtainable anyway.

Thanks for the info. I was just going to ask about this very thing. I’m torn between 4 more of these in series or 3 Signature solar 48v 100ah. They apparently are unobtainable anyway.
If you are going to set these in series, CHINS warns about mixing different brands/batteries and may void the warranty.

If you are going to set these in series, CHINS warns about mixing different brands/batteries and may void the warranty.
sorry I may have confused you with my poor grammar. I would never mix and match new batteries. Although I have all my old lead acid batteries of different makes and models I plan to mix together just to power my little off grid shop Until they don’t perform at all.

For those, who plan to buy more than 1 CHINS battery, my recommendation is to buy one unit and test it. Once you are happy with it, then you can decide. My batteries BMS is in working condition, but who knows how long it will last. I have shunt wattmeter (for every battery) to gauge my usage since I limit my usage to just 80%.
I’ve been using 4 100ah in series for a couple weeks now. I too share some concerns about the black box BMS but for $359 a pop it is tough to complain. My charge profile limits to 55,2 volts so I leave a bit of margin there. My shut down is set to 46 volts for the same reason

so far so good. I am looking hard at the zooms 299@h for 676 right now. Again, for the money hard to say no

I’ve been using 4 100ah in series for a couple weeks now. I too share some concerns about the black box BMS but for $359 a pop it is tough to complain. My charge profile limits to 55,2 volts so I leave a bit of margin there. My shut down is set to 46 volts for the same reason

so far so good. I am looking hard at the zooms 299@h for 676 right now. Again, for the money hard to say no. I used one of those to push my trolling motor all summer and it was a workhorse

Back