diy solar

diy solar

Ammeters and diodes

I like those panel meters. Could you show an updated circuit diagram?
Nice old school touch. The problem for me is once the car is in the garage I can’t get close enough to read the analog meters. With digital I can read them at 3-4m away ?

I thought you had an inverter/charger. If you don't plug the I/C into the grid the meter will not read back current. And all is well.
Or plug it in and just disable charging. Buying another charger just to install an analog meter is absurd to me, but I do understand how money < preference.

Or plug it in and just disable charging. Buying another charger just to install an analog meter is absurd to me, but I do understand how money < preference.

Well... it probably will make the ammeter go backwards if I charge from the generator, yes. It's OK, I have a little switch on it, I'll just switch it off. I haven't used the generator since I bought the new (LFP) batteries, though... used it quite often on lead-acid...

I would have bought the new charger anyway, I hated the AIO's, it starts the fan all the time, this one doesn't. It's only 30A, I don't need more than 25. 22 is the most I've seen the panels charge. And it's really plenty for me.

But even then, having separate analog meters (permanently) is definitely worth the 70 bucks (one time) I paid for the little Epever.
And the added peace and quiet is worth even more :·)

Back