diy solar

diy solar

Amperetime OR wait for SOK??

Ampere is a nice battery. The pack I opened was 10X harder to open than most LiFePO4 that I open (case was as hard as a coconut), and the connections looked great. I was not expecting it to be so nice. And it pulled beyond it's rated capacity. Really nice pack.

SOK was supposed to be in stock a month ago, but their container is being held at customs. Common issue we are having for the last few months. Who knows when they will be in stock. The moment they are back in stock, people will buy them all.

I like the SOK better. I use mine as a step stool. I have had zero complaints from my viewers about the SOK. They have worked perfectly.

Both are great. I am so happy that we have budget friendly options that work well.

Last edited:
Thanks Will, a pleasure to hear from you!.i currently use 4 100 watt panels and plan to go with 4 more. At that time ill go from 12V to 24V and place 2 AmpereTime in series, and go with a different inverter of course.
I plan on scouring thru your vids in the meantime until i save up more $$ lol....

Attachments

• IMG_20210224_121940127_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210224_121940127_HDR.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 2
Ampere is a nice battery. The pack I opened was 10X harder to open than most LiFePO4 that I open (case was as hard as a coconut), and the connections looked great. I was not expecting it to be so nice. And it pulled beyond it's rated capacity. Really nice pack.

SOK was supposed to be in stock a month ago, but their container is being held at customs. Common issue we are having for the last few months. Who knows when they will be in stock. The moment they are back in stock, people will buy them all.

I like the SOK better. I use mine as a step stool. I have had zero complaints from my viewers about the SOK. They have worked perfectly.

Both are great. I am so happy that we have budget friendly options that work well.
I can't see a downside of the Ampere Time for Key West, and with your video teardown and the price I'm sold. Will start with one 12/100 for Mark Twain next month and then watch your videos again and change it to 24v with two of them later.

-thanks!

Attachments

• Mark Twain.jpg
    Mark Twain.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 18
I think I got the last of the last 2 100ah batteries from SOKs site, Arizona Solar was sold out, glad I called them first after seeing Wills update on them. Also I found out that a 200ah would not drive my inverter as it needs over 100amps. The 200 ah is only 100 amp, 2 100 ah batteries gives 100amp each = 200amp !!! They will be at my door Mid April........yeah!

Back